Author Topic: 1850 GK & DW  (Read 532 times)

Offline Mr. Sinji

• Brother Captain
  • I have been collecting and playing 40k since 1996
    • View Profile
1850 GK & DW
« on: November 27, 2016, 04:23:58 AM »
So I have been searching for something to field with my GK that reliably pop heavy tanks and take care of Heavy Armoured units Turn 1.

I have wanted something that has good synergy with my GK's. I like to play my GK's as either Null Deployment or start on the field and like having the option to do either.

I have been playing around with the Deathwatch and I have discovered that they have really good synergy with the GK's. The Deathwatch have some serous fire power but are only reasonable in CC. The GK's have resonable fire power but are very strong in CC. The GK's can also take care of a lot of the big nasties out there with force and cut through Power Armour quite well also. Plus I love feilding NDK's they are my favourite unit in the GK codex. I have a blast with them.

I have been running my Deathwatch in Pods and mainly been using them to bust tanks or pop some big threats and get off that Turn 1 Alpha Stike. They are fantastic in that role.

This is the current 1850pts list I have built.

1850pts DK & Deathwatch

-Deathwatch CAD-

HQ- Librarian, ML1
70pts

T- Veterans
1x Watch Sergeant, Bolter, Shotgun & Auspex
4x Veterans, Melta-gun, Bolter
3x Veterans, Deathwatch Frag Cannon
2x Veterans, Bolter & Shotgun
Drop Pod (35)
375pts

T- Veterans
1x Watch Sergeant, Bolter, Shotgun & Auspex
3x Veterans, Deathwatch Frag Cannon
2x Veterans, Bolter & Shotgun
Drop Pod (35)
375pts

T- Veterans
1x Veterans, Bolter & Shotgun
Drop Pod (35)
185pts

FA- Drop Pod
35pts

FA- Drop Pod
35pts

-GREY KNIGHTS NEMESIS STRIKE FORCE-

HQ- Librarian, ML3, Terminator Armour, Daemon Hammer
140pts

T- Terminator Squad
1x GK Justicar, Storm Bolter & Hammer
1x GK Terminator, Psycannon & Sword
3x GK Terminatora, Storm Bolter & Sword
195pts

HS- Nemesis Dreadknight
Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator, Gatling Psilencer, Nemesis Greatsword
220pts

HS- Nemesis Dreadknight
Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator, Gatling Psilencer, Nemesis Greatsword
220pts

1850pts

So this list has 2 empty Pods to get the 3 Pods with men in them down turn 1. If the mission dictates otherwise I can bring in 1 or 2 empty Drop Pods on turn 1. The empty Drop Pods actually make fantastic objective campers.

The 2 NDK's can either choose to shunt or Deep Strike in turn 1 the Terminators and Libby can choose to roll for Deep Stirke turn 1.

The Deathwatch Libby will be rolling on Telepathy and using Psychic Shriek on certian targets. The GK Libby will be doing the same and hoping for Invisibility as well. They can Deep Strike in turn 1 and support the DW.

I would love some feed back on anything that I might be able to tweek or make better or even some suggestions on anything really.