Author Topic: A Journal of Conversions, Painted Minis & an Evolving Army List [Pic heavy!]  (Read 4139 times)

Offline The Scribe

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel: The Scribe
Herald of Nurgle & Army List Update
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 02:47:43 PM »
Three new things for my latest update: first, I made this video comparing Plague Marines to Chaos Marines with the Mark of Nurgle (as part of a Death Guard Detachment). Second: two Heralds of Nurgle I converted as well as my latest project: repainting my Great Unclean One, and finally my updated 2000 point army list. Note about the second Herald: I simply ripped off the helmet of one of my Plague Marines and gave him a Death Head to make him look more daemonic and Nurgly.

And now for the updated army list:

Combined Arms Detachment: Death Guard (1577)
H.Q.: 127
- Sorcerer + Terminator armour et al. + Chainfist + Mark of Nurgle = 127
* Choose from the Discipline of Nurgle psychic discipline
* Warlord (Death Guard)

Troops: 840
- 25x Chaos cultists + 25x Marks of Nurgle = 160
- 10x Chaos Space Marines + 10x Close combat weapons + 10x Marks of Nurgle + Plasma gun + Chaos Rhino = 240
- 10x Chaos Space Marines + 10x Close combat weapons + 10x Marks of Nurgle + Flamer + Chaos Rhino  = 230
- 5x Plague Marines + 2x Meltaguns + Combi-melta + Powerfist + Chaos Rhino = 210

Heavy Support: 140
- Chaos Vindicator + Combi-bolter + Daemonic possession = 140

Lord of War: 470
- Renegade Knight + Stormspear rocket pod + Thermal cannon + Avenger gatling cannon and heavy flamer = 470

Allied Detachment: Chaos Daemons (420)
H.Q.: 285
- Herald of Nurgle + Psyker: mastery level 2 = 95
* Choose from the Daemonology psychic discipline

Troops: 135
- Nurgling Swarms
- Nurgling Swarms
- Nurgling Swarms

Total: 1997/2000
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:39:36 PM by The Scribe »

Offline The Scribe

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Chaos Rhino
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 11:37:47 PM »
A quick update: the first Rhino for my Chaos Imperial Fists. Up until this point I've been using my Ultramarine Rhinos during gameplay.

In any case I wanted the Chaos Rhinos it to be less weathered than the Vindicator to show off the clean yellow. I find that if I show enough cleanliness on the models, then the dirty weathering effects have more of an impact. I also added blood splatters on the front of the vehicle because I usually move my transports up the board at full speed during the opening moves of a game. I wanted to represent the idea that anything that stands in their way... well, nothing stands in their way for long >; )

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:45:17 PM by The Scribe »

Offline The Scribe

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Las'-Pred
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 09:48:10 PM »
I finally got around to finishing my Predator tank. I wasn't as happy with the way it turned out compared with the other vehicles, so to give it some extra flare I gave it an Imperial Fist decal on the rear. I'd like to do something bigger and more interesting but I think I'll hold off from making any purchases at least until 8th edition drops and the new Death Guard models are released. Plus there's still 25 Cultists that I have to finish!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:51:06 PM by The Scribe »