Author Topic: Landspeeder Options  (Read 753 times)

Offline Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Landspeeder Options
« on: December 04, 2016, 11:03:58 AM »
I'm going to add another two landspeeders to my army. What builds do you recommend?

I'm thinking heavybolter and typhoon launcher because they look pretty cool and should do well against most troops and light vehicles.

Offline Ragimund

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Landspeeder Options
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 04:38:00 PM »
I prefer that variant also as a mobile fire support unit, viable against most targets. Playing the range game increases its defenses.

One of my friends regularly fields a tornado variant with an assault cannon. It's quiet effective against xenos infantry and has the potential the threaten all kind of targets.
As it is not the most threatening unit of his army, this speeder frequently survives engagements.

For kill teams I still love to use a tornado variant with heavy flamer. It often prevents enemy units from forming gun lines or pushing en masse.

Land speeders need a weapon upgrade in my opinion the be worthwhile. The shorter the weapon range, the sooner it will go down against a charge.

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 05:09:28 PM »
The way I like to use mine is with 2 multi meltas because it can threaten anything my opponents will throw at me though my meta is nothing but things with 2+ because grey knights and vehicles because guard. Plus my formations make it even nastier (allowing my bikes should they shoot at the same target the speeder did so long as it at least hit first, they hit on 2+).
  • Dark Angels

Offline majordamage

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 05:56:22 AM »
The typhoon is a very good option. It is versatile and relatively cheap for what it does.

I like to make a suicide variant. I strap on 2 heavy flamers and it comes out to 50 points. It's super cheap and it will roast things in cover....but then it gets killed. Use this to your advantage though. Think of this thing as a mosquito; it will come in and bite something and your opponent will almost certainly swat it. JINK!- make them devote more firepower to killing it. If it gets charged then the attention is taken off some of your other units.
  • Space Marines: around 4000, Tau 1500

Online Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 01:54:02 AM »
I recently used one with simply 2 Heavy Bolters as something different and it worked as intened - not a single shot was fired at the speeder from the enemy.
With that loadout the speeder is very low on the target priority list of the enemy, meaning you have a super fast unit at your disposal to grab objectives when needed.
2Heavy Bolters can offer some support fire but you don't feel like wasting much when you Jink or Flat out.
Very happy with that loadout.
=Blood Angels=

Offline TxLrrp

• Battle Brother
  • Baals Out! Balls Deep! Baals, Baals, Baals!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 05:21:20 PM »
I run mine with Typhoon and HB load out for long range harassment. They are not super effective but if you can land Decent of Angels in any of its methods I always wanted to try a Hvy Flmr and Ass Cannon for a suicide unit, but never have.

Best of luck

• Blood Angels & Necrons

Offline Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 02:14:10 PM »
Thanks for all the responses. I will go for the HB Typhoon and harass away!