Author Topic: New blackmane formation help  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Jester4532

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: New blackmane formation help
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 09:51:26 PM »
oh i see well then what you need is some thunder wolf cavalry. i would take them with storm shields and power mauls. also look at long fang with lascannon. because i have the great company i have to take to long fang unit. so i take them as a two man unit one being the sergeant and the other with a lascannon. i know this only will give me a total of two lascannons on the table. but really the long fang are there to be annoying. your opponent will ether try to take out your thunder wolf cavalry witch will take a lot of shots to do. or waste shots on taken out your long fangs.

Offline strawberry fist

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2017, 12:35:22 PM »
I do like the cavalry :) so if I drop the banner and 2 blood claws i can then swap the wolf guard terms for the cavalry.

if I were to godown the Great Pack route as you suggest wouldn't it be better to go of the wolves unleashed detachment in the codex?

After using the black mane formation a couple of times I do have to say it is awesome :D

Offline Jester4532

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 10:11:51 PM »
with a blackmane great pack you get fear and furious charge for the entire army. you don't get that with wolves unleashed. also to run the great pack you need to be playing 1850 or more. anything less you really have to shave points off.

i would still keep the banner because the more units you can drop next to the banner the better. with the counter attack and counter charge rules that will add up to a lot of extra attacks really quick. in short death by numbers.