Author Topic: What weapon does the Vox Casting Unit have?  (Read 759 times)

Offline debiruman665

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
What weapon does the Vox Casting Unit have?
« on: January 09, 2017, 12:40:35 PM »
On the model it is shown as holding a pistol, yet only the squad leader can have a pistol.

It describes the vox caster as an extra piece of gear and not a weapon replacement.

Could I mod the vox caster to have the cable for a hotshot lasgun?

It appears to me in the rules that the unit would fire using those rules and the hotshot lasgun wasn't replaced by the vox caster

Offline ANevskyUSA

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: What weapon does the Vox Casting Unit have?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 01:18:12 PM »
Take a look at the entries again.  One bullet point in both the Mil.Temp. Command Squad and the Mil.Temp. Scions reads, "A Tempestus Scion with a vox-caster may replace his hot-shot lasgun with a hot-shot laspistol."  Thus, the hot-shot lasgun is not replaced by the vox caster.  The model has both standard, but can replace the lasgun with the pistol if you are all about the WYSIWYG and don't want to do conversion work.

Offline debiruman665

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 02:04:39 PM »
I don't see that entry in either the astra militarum or militarum tempestus codices. I've asked my local store, they took a long time to reply and said they would get back to me tomorrow, my guess is they have to refer up to Games Workshop for further clarification

Thanks for the help anyway, a faster response than I was expecting

Offline ANevskyUSA

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 06:00:28 PM »
I don't see that entry in either the astra militarum or militarum tempestus codices. I've asked my local store, they took a long time to reply and said they would get back to me tomorrow, my guess is they have to refer up to Games Workshop for further clarification

Thanks for the help anyway, a faster response than I was expecting

Really? It is in my Mil.Temp. Codex (in English) pg. 64, right hand column, 4th bullet point down and on pg. 65, right hand column, 5th bullet point down.