Author Topic: Blood Angels Army Lists?  (Read 831 times)

Offline Qure

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Blood Angels Army Lists?
« on: January 17, 2017, 12:01:45 AM »
Hey guys, just wondering what a good 1000-1850 army list would look like for Blood Angels competitive play. I'll try to respond to everyone, thanks! (I like death company so if that could be incorporated that'd be great [or sang guard]). ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:03:18 PM by Hawkeye299 »

Offline Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Angels Army Lists?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 04:07:20 AM »
A detailed info on the Blood Angels units can be found in Remtek's Unit overview in the Blood Angels part of the forum!

Unfortunately real competitive play might be a tough place for the Blood Angels. My meta isn't super competitive - so much for a disclaimer, maybe i can give some ideas.

Since you like DeathCompany, at 1850 you can build a Lost Brotherhood with:
2 chaplains, 3 big squads of jump DC with 1-2 Power weapons/fists per squad, DC Dreadnought and at least one auxiliary choice ideally to cover some shooting and anti-tank.
for auxiliary the best thing i have come up with would be Bikers and/or Scouts (melta and grav), since i think they benefit most from the Lost Brotherhood 6'' redeployment.
Bonus points if you can fit a stormraven.

This should be very fun to play with lots of board control in the first turns but i doubt it's competitiveness.
=Blood Angels=

Offline Qure

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 09:36:29 PM »
Thanks for the pointers, I'll look into it!

Offline Remtek

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 05:47:56 AM »
While DC are really fun unit and powerful in combat, they have some big issues in a competitive setting. The main one being very low surviability compared to point cost. Sanguinary Guard are also kinda weak, but the new formation (Golden Host) is really strong, since you can hold them in reserve and choose when they come in. This let's you play cagey with them in tough matchups.

The formation works very well vs shooty armies like Eldar/Tau and armies that rely on cover saves like war convocation. They also do well vs Necrons, since they usually don't have much ap2 in both shooting and assault. Against things like KDK they will get wrecked by bloodthirsters or similar melee powerhouses, but since you can place them after opponents deployment/movement phase they can still be useful for taking out things like flesh hounds. Against deathstars they can go after their backfield scoring chaff. Not every matching is amazing, but they will always have a strong impact on the game.

As for a list, they synergize very well with Fragcannon furiosos in forge world drop pod. Since they do not have to disembark  from pods when they land you will take very little dmg turn 1, giving you a lot of pressure turn 2.

Competitive lists are usually better with allies, but if you want to go mostly pure BA in a tournament this list is capable of winning 5 games under the right circumstances, but you are playing 40k on hard mode either way.

BA CAD
Libby Dread ml2, lucius pod (Pod is forgeworld)
5 Tac, melta, combi melta pod
5 Tac, melta, combi melta pod
2x Quad Mortar (forgeworld)
2x Quad Mortar (forgeworld)
Furioso Dreadnought, fragcannon, meltagun - lucius drop pod (Pod is forgeworld)
Furioso Dreadnought, fragcannon, meltagun - lucius drop pod (Pod is forgeworld)
Land Speeder, 2x heavy flamer

Golden Host
Dante
Sanguinary guard, 2 sword, 2 axe, fist, banner
Sanguinary guard, 2 sword, 2 axe, fist, banner

Inquisitorial Detachment
Inquisitor 3x servo skulls
Henchman squad, 4 acolytes, 1 psyker, rhino

In most matches you will only deploy artillery and henchman hidden/in cover. The list does well going either first or second. If going first place servo skulls aggresive, use them for precise pod drops and reduced scatter on artillery.  If going last place them around midfield. The dreadnoughts can usually be dropped aggresive and do a really good job of containing people in their deployment zone. Henchman roll on divination usally to twin link your artillery. You can run the list without inquisition, but they do make the list more reliable and help vs genestealer cult and scouting armies.  The land speeder might seem like an odd choise, they are not that great for BA. But having a cheap unit that is mobile and can deep strike is very useful for objectives. You can change the loadout on speeder, it dosnt really matter, but keep the speeder in deep strike reserve.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 05:53:06 AM by Remtek »