Author Topic: Riderless Bikes  (Read 569 times)

Offline Wraithlan

• Battle Brother
  • -He who stands with me shall be my Brother.
    • View Profile
Riderless Bikes
« on: January 19, 2017, 09:30:00 PM »
Good evening my friends,

A friend of mine gave me a Dark Eldar army that needs some love, including 30 jet bikes without riders or rifles. I have been looking to by the bits for them, but everyone seems to be sold out, are there any other models or bits I could use to bring these bikes to a playable state?

Thanks for your time! 
-We strike with the wrath of the righteous

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Re: Riderless Bikes
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »
30 bikes is a good score- enough of them for some real threat and damage. My first thought vs hunting down the bitz is to substitute some other riders for them and hunt down those bitz. Are there some AOS rider like figs to look at? With the new gangs release we should start seeing sprues and cut models on ebay and the like, but at what price point. Personally I'd paint them up and start playing them as-is and slowly add riders as you can. Some dudes might have a problem with that, I wouldn't.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Wraithlan

• Battle Brother
  • -He who stands with me shall be my Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 03:44:44 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, I've looked for regular Eldar to use on the bikes, but also to no avail, I was hoping there might be some dark/eldar infantry I may be able to modify and use.

I don't think anyone I play with would have an issue with it, and I will play some games with them before I finish them, I just like to try and always field models that add to the cinematic experience.
-We strike with the wrath of the righteous

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 04:39:29 PM »
Take a knife to a box of Wytches woulc be my advice. They're already all body suit, gladiator-esqued
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game