Author Topic: 1000 Point Eldar Jetbike List  (Read 396 times)

Offline Crosbie

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
1000 Point Eldar Jetbike List
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:59:46 AM »
Hey Guys
Im Playing a 1000 point 40k tourney in around a month and looking for some feedback and ideas for tactics, etc.
its quite a restricted compettion, heres the link to the players Pack and restrictions:
http://objectivesecured.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/First-Blood-Players-Pack.pdf
i was also told i cant have anymore then 6 scatter lasers and shuriken cannons on my jetbikes as informed by the TO
i also wanted to theme the list quite heavily to a purely jetbike list.

Here is my List :

HQ: Autarch Skyrunner  w/Laser Lance, Banshee Mask, The Phoenix Gem  (125)

Troop: 9 Windriders, 6 scatter lasers +1 Warlock w/ Singing Spear     (251)
           8 Windriders 6 shiriken cannons +1 Warlock w/ Singing Spear (234)

Fast Attack :4 Shining Spears +1 exarch w/ Star Lance

Heavy Support: Fire Prisms x2 (Squadron) both w/Spirit Stones

again theirs  lots of restrictions so please check them before posting

cheers and thank you :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:54:23 AM by Crosbie »

Offline Saieden

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 1000 Point Eldar Jetbike List
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 08:19:32 AM »
This sounds like a very cool tournament, best of luck :)

The first thing I would go for is a Banshee Mask on your Autarch. It really is a must-have, especially with Shining Spears since you really can't afford to lose any to overwatch (and possibly fail a charge as a result). The Singing Spears on the scatterbike Warlock would be an easy swap imo.

Given your theme and the other detachment constraints, there's not much else I can say except to think over your numbers and wargear carefully because in small games, every point counts. I see the Gem and I think, what else can buy for 25 points? One more Shining Spear. Banshee Mask and 2x Ghostwalk Matrix. The question to ask yourself is what will be the most likely to be relevant and how can each be taken advantage of in ways that the others can't.

Offline Crosbie

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: 1000 Point Eldar Jetbike List
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 08:53:28 AM »
Hey dude thanks for the feedback
the Autarch dose have the banshie mask i forgot to include it on the post :P (will edit it now)

as for the Gem im using as more of a try to deny a kill point even if that means having to give up 1 or 2 of my shining spears as a sacrifice, even that was to give up a kill point, it would only be 1 point instead of 2. It also gives the Autarch some versatility when it comes to fighting say a horde or if he gets blobed down, if hes gonna get caught, he may aswell keep that unit there and try to make them redundant to the rest of my army.

and to where i could use that 25 points instead, ive try crystal targeting matrix before and even though its handy, i found it just dosent really work that well, its probably the way im using it or something really minor but ive never been in a situation where it would of been worth it.

Thanks for the feedback i will take it into consideration :)