Author Topic: Pink Horrors and melee combat, how does it work?  (Read 673 times)

Offline Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
Pink Horrors and melee combat, how does it work?
« on: February 07, 2017, 04:53:11 AM »
Hi everyone, can someone explain to me how exactly the Split rule interacts with melee combat ?

I guess the new models/units generally get placed outside of melee combat but just not sure.

What if i Multiassault a group of Pink, Blue and Brimstone horrors and some of the smaller ones get wiped out during melee ? will there be a new unit outside of combat again?

I'm confused, but eager to see how the funny rule works! Possibly creating tons of micro sized units that can split again sounds scary however :D
=Blood Angels=

Offline Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Pink Horrors and melee combat, how does it work?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 08:51:43 AM »
That is exactly how it works.

After combat is resolved, a new Unit or Units (like the situation in your example) of the new smaller models are set up within 6" of the dead models. And they are not part of the on-going fight.

Each Pink Model forms a Blue unit with twice as many as you killed.
Each Blue Model forms a Brimstone unit with the same number as killed.
Each Brimstone model killed is removed.

Now, that is the basics, I don't have the book in front of me, but I think there is another rule about the new models being added to a already formed group if within that 6".

Offline Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 02:22:42 PM »
thanks, and yea that last part is the reason for the confusion, although the rule is necessary ^^

the timing and of wiping out existing units and spawning new models puzzles me
=Blood Angels=

Offline Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 06:18:55 PM »
Got a hand on the book. The wording is that the New Models are generated at the end of the phase the original model was slain.

The new Models form a new unit or joins a friendly unit 6" from the current survivors or in the case of them all being removed, from the spot of the last model to die.

So, it would seem that, using your example of multi-assaulting a 1 unit of each, Pink/Blue/Brimstone, at the end of the Assault phase, after combat resolution is over, if the Blue unit is still intact, you will add the newly generated Blues to that Unit, same with Brimstone if those units are still on the table and within 6" of the models that died.

Simple Example:
You multi-assault three units of 5 models in each. And removed 2 pink, 3 blues and 4 brimstone as a result of combat.

After combat resolution, everyone stays in the fight.
You now add 4 Blue to the current Unit with 2 left.
You now add 3 Brimstone to the 1 that is left in that Unit.

You are now locked in combat with 3 Pink, 6 Blue and 4 Brimstone.

Offline Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 06:50:18 PM »
all Righty, thanks, we're getting there!
Please entertain me one last time:

Let's say i'm in that Multiassault with 1 small unit of each, Pink/BluE/Brimstone, and at Initiative Step 4 i wipe them all out. Do i then stand out of combat next to a newly spawned unit of Blue and Brimstone ? :D
=Blood Angels=

Offline Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 09:09:15 PM »
Keeping my example of 5 per unit:

When you wipe them all out and you consolidate and finish any other fights elsewhere on the field, they will now have a new unit of 10 Blues and a new unit of 5 Brimstones near by, but not engaged in the current Fight.

Now, here is where we get tricky: Use your Consolidation to limit where or even how many show up.

Since you wiped the whole unit out, the Blues and Brimstones ALL have to show up within 6" of the last model to die of their respective original color. Use your Consolidation to spread out to limit the number of models that can be placed legally. Any models that can not be paced at least 1" away from your models or any other friendlies fully within the 6" bubble are just removed with no Splitting.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:11:10 PM by Draco765 »

Offline Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 02:52:20 AM »
Ok, i think everything is clear to me now!
Thank you and i'll keep that last thing in mind ;)
=Blood Angels=