Author Topic: Fortification / LoW and Detachment Q  (Read 279 times)

Offline Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
Fortification / LoW and Detachment Q
« on: February 07, 2017, 05:24:34 AM »
Are the Fortification and Lord of War slots only part of a Combined Arms detachment or can I include them when playing another detachment?

I tend to play the Death Guard Verticulum detachment but there seems to be no option to take a fortification or the opportunity to include my Chaos Knight.

Thanks.
  • Death Guard / Nurgle Daemons
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/

Online Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Fortification / LoW and Detachment Q
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 06:44:38 AM »
You can include Fortifications and LoWs in any army, but it will affect how the army bonuses work, since you now are considered "Unbound," which could also affect where you play. Events like ITC only allow "Battleforged" lists.

By going "Unbound", you break up and lose all Detachment Bonuses, but keep individual Formation Bonuses.

Death Guard Verticulum does have some good bonuses, so you won't want to do that.

Your best bet is to add a CAD so that you can add those two units. Cheap HQ, go very cheap on the two Troops then add the fortification and LOW.

Reminder: The Chaos Knight could be ran as either the Forgeworld rules as a LOW or run it as a Renegade Knight which has it's own detachment.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:11:44 PM by Draco765 »

Offline Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 06:51:04 AM »
Thanks. That's what I thought. Makes it hard to include anything else though. I have some Nurgle daemons so I can take it as part of an allied detachment there.

Online Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »
That is the basic idea behind the faction specific detachments, they are a themed army list and getting the bonuses are the payoff for using that exact set of models.

And, just to be clear, the Allied Detachment (1hq, 1 troop min) does not have a spot for Fortifications or LoW either. Your second Detachment has to be a CAD (1hq, 2troop min) to unlock those slots and still be Battleforged.

Offline Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 02:24:05 PM »
Thanks. I meant allied detachment incorrectly. I meant a second CAD. But thanks for clarifying.