Author Topic: Iron Warriors Daemon Prince - a hive tyrant/maulerfiend/helbrute conversion  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
  • Iron Within, Kill Main Burn! Ahem... Iron Without.
    • View Profile
So I spent some time thinking up how to convert and Iron Warriors Daemon Prince.  As per their mantra, iron within, iron without, I felt that it should be at the very least part mechanical.  Given their proclivity for obliterators and widespread use of the technovirus, I settled upon a the concept of a seriously jacked up obliterator.  Like, an obliterator's bigger, meaner cousin with a prison record.

So after raiding my bits box I pulled out a hive tyrant (not sure why I still had that, I stopped playing Tyranids years ago), parts from a maulerfiend and spares from a helbrute.  After liberal application of green stuff, this is the result.  I only wish I'd taken more photos during construction but the end result I think is pretty epic.

I'm thinking of running it on the table with the Fleshmetal Exoskelton relic to make it tougher, either as a Daemon of Tzeentch as obliterators can never maintain a constant form or as a Daemon of Nurgle, having achieved mastery of the technovirus.

Thoughts?

Some are born great, others achieve greatness.  Some...

Some are still throwing spears at the buses.

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Love it.

Bonus points for the Tyranid spires.

Would love to fight alongside it with my own chaos!
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
If you're ever in Scotland drop me a line.  I'd love to see your Berserkers of Skalathrax up close. ;-)

Offline Pigeon89B

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Oh good lawd. I want this, badly. Excellent work!

Offline Kvekan

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Really cool and original conversion, love it!
"For those we cherish, we die in glory" ...And we die a lot.

Offline JimmyK

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Eye of Terror
Great bash there, looks amazing! :)

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Thanks folks.

Converting is probably one of my favourite parts of the hobby.  I love the scope of personal representation you can put into your models as every conversion gives you another model that's unique to your army and your army alone.

Subsequently it gives me warm fuzzy feelings when people like what I cook up.  I've got a few other WIP's so I'll try and get those posted up for y'all to oggle when I have time.

*engages smug face*   ::)