Author Topic: Best Vehicle In 40K?  (Read 3329 times)

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Best Vehicle In 40K?
« on: February 21, 2017, 10:41:51 AM »
Two part question:

1- What is the best vehicle in 40K right now taking into account points, numbers that you can field, and abilities?

2- What is the best underutilized vehicle? What should we be seeing more on the table, but just don't for some reason?

My thoughts?

1- Razorback. Transport, cheap, and some firepower. East to spam and put out a good amount of dice.
2- Sentinels

Your Thoughts?

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Best Vehicle In 40K?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 11:04:38 AM »
Have to agree on the Razorback.  It's the only vehicle that I really work to include multiples of no matter if I'm running Ultramarines, Astral Claws or Blood Angels.  Makes a tax unit no longer feel like a tax.  I considered the Imperial Knight for the single model power boost it gives weak lists, but it has shifted the meta to make itself obsolete.  Once folks expect a Knight, a Knight is nothing.

2. Sicaran, hands down.  Fast with a mega-Autocannon and options to ignore Melta and take Lascannons for a total of four guns.  On Chaos, spend a ton of points and it takes three AP3 Heavy Bolters.  I know why they're not taken, but they should be considered more.

Offline leE7_G4M3r

• Battle Brother
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 03:42:45 PM »
1) Battlewagon.

I do not know that much about other codexes, but I quite like the Battlewagon. Sure, they are 110 points, but that is quite cheap for a super fast, av14 transport that can carry 20 people. Plus, it gets plenty of optional upgrades, like a s8 ap3 large blast killkannon. Also, if you use five of them in a blitz brigade formation, they get scout and always have s10 when ramming. Awesome.

2) Dreadnought

Everybody always say that the dreadnought is really bad and that with av12 it instantly gets killed, yet every time I have fielded one (and I field them almost every game) I have always had great success with them. They stomp up the table, rip apart anything in their way, and sit on objectives while firing mass volleys of shots. I have only ever seen someone else field a dreadnought once.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:44:52 PM by leE7_G4M3r »
  • Orks, Dark Eldar, Imperium.
WAAAGH!

Offline BorntobeMild

• Initiate
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:20:09 PM »
Imperial Knight.
  • Orks, Space Marines
On a WAAAAGGHHHHH since 1999.

Offline Howscat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 08:46:58 AM »
1: I have to agree with the razorback.

2: Taurox Prime. It is a from a codex that is agreeably bad, It is very expensive, and it has weak armor. Despite its flaws it has developed a reputation against those that have faced it. It is a dedicated transport so you can spam them out with your troops with obsec. They can be equipped with good weapons that always fire because it has the fast rule. It also automatically re-rolls failed dangerous terrain tests. This little guy will spend the entire game moving and shooting from the most awkward terrain on the table and suddenly moving across the board to secure objectives.
  • Astra Militarum, Tempestus Scions.

Online MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 11:01:48 AM »
1. Drop pod

2. Landspeeder storm
  • Inq 🔴 GK🔴 Scion🔴 Astartes
🖕🧀

Offline BorntobeMild

• Initiate
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 08:14:17 PM »
1: I have to agree with the razorback.
Mmhm. Razorbacks can do basically anything. Depending on what you equip it with (or if you equip it at all) its a transport, its artillary, its a tank hunter, its a heavy machine gun, its a ramming kamikaze vehicle.
  • Orks, Space Marines
On a WAAAAGGHHHHH since 1999.

Offline TxLrrp

• Battle Brother
  • Baals Out! Balls Deep! Baals, Baals, Baals!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 09:37:22 AM »
What!? How is Wave Serpent not the clear winner here. Skimmer, so it can jink, that crazy field it gets, ability to change penetrating hits into glances, transport capacity, and a boat load of armorment options.

1. Wave Serpent
2. Fire Raptor
  • Blood Angels & Necrons

Offline goat99

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 01:14:03 PM »
1. Onager Dunecrawlers
Why, because they are extremely annoying to remove if played in groups of three for the 4 up invuln save that they get, and put out a ridiculous amount of dakka. AND unlike other vehicles, since they are walkers, and can get S10 AP2 attacks in close combat, you cant even rely on busting them with cc (Where they still get a 4++). And they are pretty pointeffetive, so seeing 2 squads of three in a 1500 points or higher game isnt unheard of or impossible.

2. Dreadnaughts
Have to agree on this one. While other stuff absolutely does outdo them dakkawise or even ccwise, Dreadnaughts have this really weird utility thing going for them. They aren't really good or really bad, but its when you play them correctly, they are absolute gamechangers. I think the whole trick is to use him against units that cannot hurt his AV 12, soak up overwatch for other units and so on. My Dreadnaught has been a LIFESAVER by preventing my opponents lichguard (i think? those necron dudes with S5 AP2 weapons) from killing my terminators many, MANY times.

I seem have this curse though, where he gets immobilized turn 1 and does nothing for the rest of the game.  :P
  • Grey Knights, Tyranids
Praise your GOVERLORD!...Goaverlord?...Goaterlord?...Whatever, just fetch me something to chew on...

Offline leE7_G4M3r

• Battle Brother
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 04:22:46 AM »
If he gets immobilized a lot, deploy him behind cover.
  • Orks, Dark Eldar, Imperium.
WAAAGH!

Offline Herecomesyourman

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 03:03:54 AM »
Two part question:

1- What is the best vehicle in 40K right now taking into account points, numbers that you can field, and abilities?

2- What is the best underutilized vehicle? What should we be seeing more on the table, but just don't for some reason?

My thoughts?

1- Razorback. Transport, cheap, and some firepower. East to spam and put out a good amount of dice.
2- Sentinels

Your Thoughts?

For 40K, hrmn....

01. Razorback is probably, technically the "best" due to Gladius Strike Force (since you can get them for free, they really are fantastic). Though I don't think it qualifies as underutilized because of GSF. However I hate this Formation and try to avoid it, since I typically play Salamanders it almost always devolves into a Drop Pod spam army to maximize potency with chapter tactics, and that gets boring pretty darn quick when I borrow the pods to do it (plus I'm lazy, buying up more drop pods to max out at 11 or so seems so darn arduous). Still, nine times out of Ten I'm using a Rhino or a Drop Pod over a Razorback since there's more transport flexibility in terms of potential tactics.

02. For the underutilized category I'm going to have to put my hat in the ring for the Spartan Assault Tank. I know it's a point sink. I know it's an expensive ($$$) Forgeworld unit...and I know it's typically uncommon to see one outside of 30K...but they're like the Hulk, "The strongest there is!", when it comes to getting troops across the board. You just don't see them often, but they have a ton of useful options for loadout, and most importantly, they're reliable. I wish I had two.

I play more 30K than anything lately, since I prefer the setting and I also think 30K is typically balanced better...so I know I'm biased, but the Spartan is hands down my favorite vehicle, and it usually takes an entire army focused on it for at least two turns to take it down.

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 06:26:02 AM »
Drop pods. Building a wall of terrain is a powerful and underrated tactic. And with them being free in many cases, why not? I'll gladly pay 50 points to set up the ageis defense line, but pods can lock the deployment zone early and help control the board.
So many books, so many Burning questions.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 08:50:16 AM »
I'm loving the Deredeo with Plasma Cannonade and Heavy Flamers combined with Reactors and relay pipes. Just fun and makes your opponent grimace when they realise your reach and power. Adding the missile system helps too.

Online new@40k

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 07:04:28 AM »
Ork trukk for sure. Av10 open topped transport, what's not to love? More than likely going to get blown off the table first turn and take half your ork boyz along with it. Unless you spend the points to upgrade their armor, in which case they don't seems poins effective anymore....ohhh you said best vehicle....sigh....wave serpent

Offline DeffBossGitKrusha

• Brother Captain
  • Shoot da choppy ones and chop da shooty ones!
    • View Profile
    • work in progress
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 08:53:26 AM »
I think my moneys on a Vindicator tank. Or A guntrukk with a suppa scorcha (It's like a firestorm cannon)
Or a Blitz bomba. Each of these can be in a squadron.
I also like Deff dreads with 4 DCCW's. Mine usually wipe out a marine squad for sure and if I'm lucky two or three squads a game but at best I average two units destroyed by one of these Deff Dreads. They preform really well in 30K, where marine units can be over run as they try to get away from close combat.
Chop! Chop! Chop! Chop! Chop! Chop! Chop!
WAAAAAAAAGH! Dakka Dakka Dakka!
http://warhead01.blogspot.com/