Author Topic: Duel Wing List Review 1500pts.  (Read 454 times)

Offline Covenantkilla

• Battle Brother
  • "The dark path leads only to an empty wallet"
    • View Profile
Duel Wing List Review 1500pts.
« on: February 21, 2017, 06:20:44 PM »
Hello battle brothers! I have secured my first Dark Angel dual wing force and I am about halfway through the painting and assembly process. I am very pleased with how to points turned out and I can't wait to get my deathwing on the table. I think this is going to be a pretty good list, but would love to hear some opinions on it before it makes it's debut. So please feel free to offer your insight, I'd love to read it!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 11:03:47 PM by Covenantkilla »

Online Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
Re: Duel Wing List Review 1500pts.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 09:02:45 PM »
My recommendation to you battle brother would be to add more ravenwing to the list. Everything else is starting off the board which is not good as if it dies its game over. At 1500 points it is very easy to wipe 2 bike squads off the board before turn 2. I would say drop the normal bike squads replace them with black knights, add in some dark shrouds. Also as for the deathwing drop the command squad and take a venerable dreadnought instead. The command squad is good but the dreadnought might prove better and free up more ravenwing points. Lastly this is just another way I run my deathwing squads, the loadout above is good very good. However another way I run them since my meta is very grav centurion heavy, is upgrade the sergeant and another guy to have TH/SS and eat all incoming ap2. Then I normally give them a plasma cannon to dish out ap 2 as well. Especially good turn 2 as the cannon is twinlinked.

As for table top tactics I would say be very and I mean very careful on how you place your forces especially the Deathwing Knights. They are very very scary and people will run far far away from them. Lastly keep the ravenwing is the most advantageous positions possible for there survival and to drop the deathwing.