Author Topic: Looking to add Dark Eldar to my current Aeldari collection  (Read 444 times)

Offline amras_falassion

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • Eskaywoo: Brand Strategy and Design
Looking to add Dark Eldar to my current Aeldari collection
« on: February 22, 2017, 10:59:07 AM »
Hi,

I've got mostly Craftworld Eldar and Harlequins.

I wish to add some Dark Eldar into the mix so I can play Ynnari.

What are the units I should be considering?

I have a Void Raven Bomber and a Razorwing Jetfighter at the moment.

I've ordered the Triumvirate or Ynnead, but I think I'd not use them so much. I just like the fluff and models.

Offline rasmusnicolaj

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to add Dark Eldar to my current Aeldari collection
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 04:34:22 AM »
Vennoms with dual splinter cannons with ex 5 kabalite warriors in each venom and one of those with a blaster. They are armor 10 and open topped so they have an tendency to die (the die easy part is a general theme with DE) so they work best if you spam them. Ex 5 venoms but then you also have 60 Venom shots and that is kind of sweet  ;)
Ravagers for tripple lance shots.
Grotesques are really good at tearing things appart in close combat. 4 in a raider with a haemoncoulus or a succubus for leadership.
Maybe deep striking scourges with lots of heavy weapons to kill enemy tanks in the back field.

/Rasmus

Offline tibersky

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 03:18:05 PM »
Dito to what Rasmus is saying. I take 4 venoms with kabalites and either a blaster or sybarite with haywire grenade depending on what I'm playing or how I'm feeling(not both, gets too expensive). They are one of those workhorse units that we have. Furthermore, The Coven Grotesquerie Formation is solid especially if you get the +1 toughens experiment result. Razorwing Jetfighter is a great at clearing blobs, though the Voidraven Bomber is trash. Maybe count as a Hemlock Wraithfighter. Scourge are great. Ravagers with Dark Lances will either win you the game or whiff every shot, so you need two or more if you plan on taking them at all. You can also just take one with 3 disintegrator cannons, which gives you 9, s5 ap2 shots at 36" range.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 03:41:39 PM »
Grotesque are good but won't be Ynnari. Add an Archon with webway portal to any unit you want to alphastrike like wraithguard or Fire Dragons. Void Raven bomber adds something CWE miss. Kabalites are a cheap Troop. Khymaera are a cheap fast attack that if you put in base with your wraithknight it will make your opponent think about firing blasts at them and giving you a soulburst.