Author Topic: Ynnari Faction and units that be used.  (Read 812 times)

Offline amras_falassion

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • Eskaywoo: Brand Strategy and Design
Ynnari Faction and units that be used.
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:50:26 PM »
Hi,

I just finished the book: The Gathering Storm 2, Fracture of Biel-Tan.

I also read the Death Masque story from the Death Masque boxed set (where Eldrad tried to awaken Ynnead through his ritual in the moon of Coheria, but failed along with the deaths of his Harlequin retinue.

I have a question:
Since the named units in the Death Masque have been killed, and this was before Ynnari faction was even born (reborn...), can the named units such as Inriam's Spectre, Death's Companions, and the Blades of Fate be used in the Ynnari Reborn Detachment, under the Formations?

Lore-wise, I would guess not, but I haven't even had the chance to field my Harlequins based on these named units yet.. it's a shame.

Do lend me your wisdom.

Offline iselbub

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Ynnari Faction and units that be used.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 01:03:24 AM »
I would say 'no'. Those units aren't specifically listed in The Gathering Storm 2 book as being available to a Ynnari army.

Offline iselbub

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 01:05:41 AM »
Anybody know if Corsairs can be taken as an allied detachment alongside the new Ynnari Reborn War Host?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:09:08 AM by iselbub »

Offline Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 04:38:27 AM »
I have a question:
Since the named units in the Death Masque have been killed, and this was before Ynnari faction was even born (reborn...), can the named units such as Inriam's Spectre, Death's Companions, and the Blades of Fate be used in the Ynnari Reborn Detachment, under the Formations?

They can indeed as long as they are taken in one of the Harlequin formations (of which any number are allowed in a Ynnari Reborn Warhost). The Death Masque rules allows them to be take in any Harlequin formation, substituting for the appropriate generic Harlequin unit. So any formation that allows a Death Jester can instead take Inriam's Spectre, for example.

Note that this applies only to formations. You cannot take a Death Jester as an elite choice in a Reborn Warhost and swap him for the Spectre.

Offline LordPathos

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 10:47:41 AM »
I have a similar question. I was told that formations can take different rules based on different supplements. Ex: a Favoured of Chaos formation can take relics and rules from Crimson Slaughter or Black Legion. Is that true? If so, does that mean a Spiritseer in a Reborn Warhost can be an Iyanden Spiritseer, thus making Wraithguard/blades troop choices?

Offline Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 05:44:59 AM »
Due to the FAQ you can argue that you can take stuff from the Iyanden codex, but quite how this is done is rather vague as Iyanden refers to Codex: Eldar, which no longer exists. Fracture of Biel-tan allows you to take units from Codex: Craftworlds.

If you take the FAQ comment as meaning "Yes, you can use the Iyanden rules, just take from Codex: Craftworlds instead of Codex: Eldar" that would seem to be fair but you wouldn't then be able to take Wraithguard as troops because that relies on the Death Speaker ability of Spiritseers, which they no longer have in Codex: Craftworlds.

Offline LordPathos

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 07:22:24 AM »
I figured it was a huge stretch. I just wish they gave us a little more of an update for Iyanden instead of "it is legal to use, figure out how on your own."

While I am not opposed to using the normal troop choices for a Reborn Warhost, my only real love for Eldar are its Wraith units. Of I could make a full Reborn Wraith Warhost, I would be a happy man. If I could do it for Craftworld, I want to do it for Ynnari.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 10:00:26 AM »
Need an errata from FW. I want corsairs in my warhost. As well as the Skatach and really want wasp assault walkers for the USF.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 06:07:11 AM »
Hi,

I just finished the book: The Gathering Storm 2, Fracture of Biel-Tan.

I also read the Death Masque story from the Death Masque boxed set (where Eldrad tried to awaken Ynnead through his ritual in the moon of Coheria, but failed along with the deaths of his Harlequin retinue.

I have a question:

Lore-wise, I would guess not, but I haven't even had the chance to field my Harlequins based on these named units yet.. it's a shame.

Do lend me your wisdom.

The actual answer to this i understand is actually yes. But you have to add them as part of a formation that you were allowed to do before.

I think it was put into a recent FAQ, ill see if i can find it.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Gathering_Storm_II_v1.0.pdf

Q: When creating a Reborn Warhost Detachment, may I take
the named Harlequin Troupes from Death Masque instead of
a standard Harlequin Troupe?

A: Only when doing so as part of a Harlequins
Formation (as described in Death Masque) that can itself
be taken as part of a Reborn Warhost.