Author Topic: ork 1850 tournament list  (Read 2136 times)

Offline minavonlustern

• Initiate
    • View Profile
ork 1850 tournament list
« on: March 15, 2017, 07:45:47 AM »
Bullyboyz Formation
5 Meganobz - 2 with killsaws. Battlewagon - 2 Big Shootas, Grot Riggers, Ram

Air Superiority Detachment - Dakkajet Flyer Wing
Dakkajet - 3 Supa-Shootas, Flyboss
Dakkajet - 3 Supa-Shootas
Dakkajet - 3 Supa-Shootas

Renegade Knight - Forsworn Knight Detachment
Reaper Chainsword & Gauntlet, Heavy Stubber, Ion Shield, Stormspear Rocket Pod

so, the battlewagons and knight run forward, meganobz pile out then give everything the klaw, with a knight helping. after the dakkajets fly around shooting everything up. also, a single bossnob is the warlord
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:53:27 AM by minavonlustern »

Offline BorntobeMild

• Initiate
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
Re: ork 1850 tournament list
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 09:17:33 AM »
Pretty sure it's not legal to just give the knight weapons, I think it legally must be a looted wagon.
  • Orks, Space Marines
On a WAAAAGGHHHHH since 1999.

Offline minavonlustern

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 07:10:40 PM »
it's called a looted knight for fluff reasons. it's actually a renegade knight titan that comes with those weapons as standard. renegade knights are allies of convenience with orks. i'm running a forsworn knight detachment which is 1-3 renegade knights

Offline BorntobeMild

• Initiate
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:24:53 PM »
it's called a looted knight for fluff reasons. it's actually a renegade knight titan that comes with those weapons as standard. renegade knights are allies of convenience with orks. i'm running a forsworn knight detachment which is 1-3 renegade knights
I main orks and Imperial Knights at the local club are giving my army hell (usually table-wiping me before the end of the 3rd turn) Please elaborate on how I can deploy a knight with my orks, Google diddnt turn up much other than "proxy it as a stompa"
  • Orks, Space Marines

Offline minavonlustern

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 04:57:41 PM »
the renegade knights game they came out a year or so ago came with a datasheet to use chaos knights in games of 40k. they ally just like chaos space marines, which are allies of convenience with orks. the datasheet contained a detachment called the forsworn knight detachment which was 1-3 knights. so just take 1 or more renegade knights as an ally for your orks. the renegade knight is just a basic knight with a reaper chainsword, stubber, and the gauntlet. each weapon can be upgraded to either a thermal cannon, rapid-fire battle cannon, or an avenger gatling cannon. and you can add 1 of the 3 types of carapace weapons. the rules are now available in traitor's hate

Offline BorntobeMild

• Initiate
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 06:06:54 PM »
the renegade knights game they came out a year or so ago came with a datasheet to use chaos knights in games of 40k. they ally just like chaos space marines, which are allies of convenience with orks. the datasheet contained a detachment called the forsworn knight detachment which was 1-3 knights. so just take 1 or more renegade knights as an ally for your orks. the renegade knight is just a basic knight with a reaper chainsword, stubber, and the gauntlet. each weapon can be upgraded to either a thermal cannon, rapid-fire battle cannon, or an avenger gatling cannon. and you can add 1 of the 3 types of carapace weapons. the rules are now available in traitor's hate
How cunnin' of you boss! Noted! The local club will feel the wrath of da orks!
  • Orks, Space Marines

Online Akaiyou

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 04:19:27 PM »
I use the renegade knight in my Ork list as well they are allies of convenience which is rather convenient dare I say. Hell you could put orky glyphs on it and it would look even fluffier (i considered it)

Either way his list is 100% legal and fluffy. Dark Mechanicum would applaud all that armour in the list.

I gotta say though on the field you'd only have 3 battlewagons and a Knight until turn 2 so i'm not sold on the dakkajet squadron I have used that formation in the past and i find that it's cute but it doesnt have the level of power that other armies bring. A storm talon formation will blow your jets really quickly and have a go at your knight without fear of any retribution.

Your list in general is very vulnerable to every kind of Flyer. The dakkajets are NOT fighters they would have to snap fire against flyers/skimmers and the like.

I urge you to reconsider your game plan in bringing the dakkajets the rest of the list looks good but I think you'd be well served with other fast units and focus entire on the ground game and objectives.

Offline minavonlustern

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 06:14:54 PM »
indeed. but, the dakkajets are fighters. which makes them BS 2 again against ground targets which means the whole reason i was taking them is void. still did ok in a practice game. if i was to take orks to the tournament i'd swap the jets for a warboss in mega-armour with an attack squig and the lucky stick, and 2 mobs of boyz in trukks with powerklaw nobs.

Online Akaiyou

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 10:49:40 PM »
I stand corrected.