Author Topic: Fortifications & Upgrades  (Read 540 times)

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
  • Iron Within, Kill Main Burn! Ahem... Iron Without.
    • View Profile
Fortifications & Upgrades
« on: March 21, 2017, 08:36:19 AM »
So I'm playing around with the Iron Warriors Grand Company decurion.  As an auxiliary choice, they have the option to include fortifications in their decurion.

So I'm thinking about what I can do with that, AV14 bastion bubbles for static havocs, etc but the issue I have is that the upgrades for those fortifications aren't clear on exactly what you're buying.

So if I take a Bastion and decide I want some barricades for culists to hide behind and screen it from assault, how big are those barricades?  4" long? 6" long? 8" long? Heck, 12"?  The same goes for tank traps and tangle wire.  Or in the event that it doesn't actually specify somewhere what you get for your points, what do most people consider "fair"?

And if someone finds a page reference please post the book and page number, that would be awesome.
  • Chaos Space Marines, Astra Militarum, Eldar, Space Marines
Some are born great, others achieve greatness.  Some...

Some are still throwing spears at the buses.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Fortifications & Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 08:41:18 AM »
Take heamotrope reactors for your Oblits, they will then get to fire a 5" plasma cannon and blast plasma gun. With a 2+ and two wounds they can weather the 1-2 gets hot.
About your other question I don't have Stronghold assault to hand at the moment, maybe look on 1d4Chan, they will have it.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 09:08:19 AM »
Because it's digital I can't give you a page number, but it is said in Stronghold Assault book in the section for Obstacle in the Fortifacation Upgrades chapter.  Six inches.  So each obstacle follows the Battlefirld Debris rules and has additional rules depending on what type you've chosen, but they're all six inches long sections that must be set up wholly within six inches of the Fortification itself.

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
  • Iron Within, Kill Main Burn! Ahem... Iron Without.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 01:37:20 PM »
Because it's digital I can't give you a page number, but it is said in Stronghold Assault book in the section for Obstacle in the Fortifacation Upgrades chapter.  Six inches.  So each obstacle follows the Battlefirld Debris rules and has additional rules depending on what type you've chosen, but they're all six inches long sections that must be set up wholly within six inches of the Fortification itself.

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know. :-)
  • Chaos Space Marines, Astra Militarum, Eldar, Space Marines
Some are born great, others achieve greatness.  Some...

Some are still throwing spears at the buses.