Author Topic: Looking for Ideas Chaos Thousand Sons Conversions  (Read 365 times)

Offline Prospero

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Looking for Ideas Chaos Thousand Sons Conversions
« on: March 21, 2017, 05:52:57 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm working on building a thousand sons themed army, my focus is on variety of models (keep me from getting bored painting) and I'm looking for some ideas for conversions for a unique look.
Here are some parameters:
1. Does not need to be an actual thousand sons army, I'm fine playing generic chaos models as far as rules go.
2. I'm using a jump start with the burning of Prospero box set, I'm not huge on fluff but I like the idea of some ancient suits of pre-heresy armor which I'm doing in that red paint scheme.
3. Does not need to be a power list.
4. I like the look of obliterators as far as rules go, but I don't enjoy working with finecast and they would need some serious theme work to use.

That's all I can think of, pretty open just looking at some themes, maybe where to get bitz, was thinking tomb kings possibly to utilize the scarab theme, maybe some tzneetch fantasy models? Cultists perhaps?

Thanks!

Offline Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Ideas Chaos Thousand Sons Conversions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 02:23:51 AM »
Do you know GW themselves actually released new Thousand Sons models for Sorcerers, Rubrik Marines and Terminators and "Tszeentch-Cultists" along with Demon-Magnus the Red himself and kind of a codex for them(those should offer tons of Bitz at least)?

Other than that, puppetswar.eu has some Bitz, offering lots of different Egyptian themed heads (Anubis/Horus and so on) and other Bitz.
Tomb King Sphinx and a Defiler can make an awesome Scorpion-Machine-Monster.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:28:17 AM by Sensenbob »
=Blood Angels=