1 (100%)
Competitive for pick up games
0 (0%)
Standard for pick up games
0 (0%)
Substandard for pick up games
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: 1850 - Orks - Rate my list  (Read 867 times)

Offline Akaiyou

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
1850 - Orks - Rate my list
« on: March 26, 2017, 06:15:05 PM »
About this list:
I wanted choppy walkers and a very 'in your face' aggressive pursuit list. The deffdreads and renegade knight are very powerful assault units while the boyz in trukks have objective secured and are fast moving to keep pace with the knight and deffkoptas. Behind them the warboss leads his tankbustas blasting armor left and right from inside the kill bursta tank. The deff dreads are on rear guard duty and second wave assault as I predict i'll be engaged with the enemy by turn 2 from all my fast units the dreads could join in turn 3 and help mop up.

Comment on the following points
 - Would you win on pure brute strength? rulebook mission objectives? both?
 - Would you need to list tailor to win or can your standard list take it down?
 - What would you find most challenging to deal with in this list, what are you most concerned about?
 - How would you rate yourself as a 40k player on a scale of 1-10 (1 being a Novice brand new to the game, 10 international/global tournament winner

1850 Pts - Codex: Orks Roster - 1850 - Combined Arms

: Combined Arms Detachment (52#, 1525 pts)

1 Warboss, 100 pts (Bosspole; Power Klaw; Shoota; Warlord)
      1 Da Finkin' Kap

10 Tankbustas, 130 pts

9 Boyz, 125 pts (Slugga)
      1 Boss Nob (Power Klaw)
      1 Trukk

9 Boyz, 125 pts (Slugga)
      1 Boss Nob (Power Klaw)
      1 Trukk

9 Boyz, 125 pts (Slugga)
      1 Boss Nob (Power Klaw)
      1 Trukk

2 Deffkoptas, 110 pts (Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha x2; Buzzsaw x2)

2 Deffkoptas, 110 pts (Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha x2; Buzzsaw x2)

1 Deff Dread, 100 pts (Power Klaw x2)

1 Kill Bursta (IA), 400 pts (Bursta Kannon)

: Renegade Knight (1#, 325 pts)
   1 Renegade Knight [RKn], 325 pts

Total Roster Cost: 1850

Offline MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 1850 - Orks - Rate my list
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 10:42:59 AM »
Your Ork boy mobs seem a bit small, maybe combine them and add a gretchin squad with the extra points left over to sneak around and secure objectives. I think the Imperial Knight and kill bursta would be the hardest thing to fight, mainly because I have never personally fought against either. Overall, you have a good army to kill troops and vehicles alike. But it's not a proper Ork army without a few more orks :)
The Great Devourer for the win

Offline Akaiyou

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: 1850 - Orks - Rate my list
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 02:31:11 AM »
I finally got a chance to play this list on Thrusday. Brought my orks, world eaters and grey knights out to play a game of each. Much fun was had, I went home 2-1 with only the Grey Knights taking a major L (nearly tabled) after Guilliman ---ed out from a fight with Kaldor Draigo.

Regarding the Ork list i posted. I faced off against the flavor of the month Ultramarines. My opponent had no clue what I was bringing on the field his Smurfs had the primarch of course and a lot of grav weaponry accompanied by thunderfire cannons and some flyers. This was a CAD and my opponent had first turn.

My deffkoptas scouted forward and then i seized the initiative on my opponent. AWESOME! I got first strike in but failed to get first blood However the Kill Bursta put 3 wounds on Guilliman and took some chunks out of the marines sitting on 3+ cover ruins thanks to the techmarine.

My opponent promptly killed one of my units of deffkoptas after dedicating a LOT of firepower on them (2 models so much harder to get rid of)

Turn 2 I got my knight into assault with a small unit of tacticals he didnt kill them off but his stomps took out an entire thunderfire cannon on a 6 (lucky!) My other unit of deffkoptas had turbo-boosted behind the second thunderfirecannon and shot it down including the techmarine whom rolled that lovely 1 and got instant-gibbed. I got some assaults off while the opponent's army was distracted trying to get rid of the bigger threats. Including the Ironclad Dreadnought that drop-down on turn 1 trying to sneak attack the Kill Bursta, found that it wasn't as unguarded as he thought.

Guilliman....came in on the opponents turn and mulched the knight with such ease that I felt bad for the guy's very short lived tenure as big problem #2.

Turn 3 was great for the Orks, The Kill Bursta got sweet revenge for the Knight and tore guilliman a new one. At this point i was dominating the entire game thunderfire cannons were gone, guilliman was gone, the ironclad threat to the kill bursta was gone, and the marines left had their vehicles destroyed their occupants blasted or engaged in assaults. Opponent conceded on top of turn 4 after realizing his airborne units coudlnt do much to help either