Author Topic: Hell Drake builds back  (Read 1347 times)

Offline tomjashroom

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Hell Drake builds back
« on: March 28, 2017, 05:30:05 AM »
 Just wondering what people think about drakes atm I see alot of people moving away from them but they seem pretty good against that new deathcult eldar build ( torrent flamers good for thining down the eldar but not killing units which is bad for activating sunburst). They are also good against bikes and Marine builds in general. Im actually not sure if trying to win weather 4-5 isnt acually the best way to play competitive not friendly obv.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:34:40 AM by tomjashroom »

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Hell Drake builds back
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 07:29:46 AM »
As an Eldar player I will say they are a nightmare but one wing is probably enough.

Offline Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 11:38:36 AM »
I play in a Heldrake Terror Pack and two is about right. Always swap to the baleflamer. Unlike everyone else's flyers they are not for tank hunting or MC slaying. Take the baleflamer and lay waste to swathes of infantry.
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline tomjashroom

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 08:57:11 PM »
I was thining about taking 3 to a tournament cause I know theres going to be alot of eldar like I know for a fact I will be faciong that new cheese fotm eldar build.

My list in short would be a Black legion CAD of Cultists Abby in a obsec land raider with some obsec terminators, an Iron warriors oblitator formation with the warpsmith that gives them more shotting and helldrake terror pack. My idea is to hide my strong units behind the land raider and do nothing turn 1 actually 0 shooting. Kill nothing and try not to let ANYTHING die. I want to try and deny that starburst power thing that lets them shoot in my turn and not let them get  their new avatar monsterous creature down using its special rules ( I want to deal with using abby + 4 Powerfist/chainfist terminators).

I thnk that list could work out and probably do pretty well against marines and some other armies.