Author Topic: My first 1850pt list - Space Marine  (Read 539 times)

Offline Faid_Artur

• Initiate
    • View Profile
My first 1850pt list - Space Marine
« on: April 03, 2017, 01:32:32 AM »
---- Librarius Conclave
- Librarian (1) - 135pts
    1 Librarian: Frag and Krak grenades,Psyker Master Level 2,Space marine bike,Bolt pistol,Force weapon,The Tome of Vel'cona
- Librarian (1) - 160pts
    1 Librarian: Frag and Krak grenades,Psyker Master Level 2,Space marine bike,Bolt pistol,Drake-smitter
- Librarian (1) - 130pts
    1 Librarian: Frag and Krak grenades,Psyker Master Level 2,Space marine bike,Bolt pistol,Force weapon,Nocturne's Fury

---- 10th Company Task Force
- Scout Squad (6) - 108pts    Camo cloak
    1 Scout Sergeant: Sniper rifle,Boltgun
    1 Scout: Missile launcher with flakk missiles,Bolt pistol
    4 Scout: Sniper rifle,Bolt pistol
- Scout Squad (5) - 94pts    Camo cloak
    3 Scout: Sniper rifle,Bolt pistol
- Scout Squad (5) - 94pts    Camo cloak
    3 Scout: Sniper rifle,Bolt pistol

---- Armoured Task Force
- Techmarine (1) - 85pts
    1 Techmarine: Frag and Krak grenades,Conversion beamer,Bolt pistol,Power axe
- Predators (1) - 140pts
    1 Predator: Twin-linked lascannon,Lascannon sponsons
- Predators (1) - 140pts
- Predators (1) - 140pts
- Thunderfire Cannons (2) - 200pts
    2 Thunderfire Cannons
    2 Techmarines (comes with servo harness)
- Thunderfire Cannons (1) - 100pts
    1 Thunderfire Cannon
    1 Techmarine (comes with servo harness)
- Thunderfire Cannons (1) - 100pts
    1 Thunderfire Cannon
    1 Techmarine (comes with servo harness)
------ Total - 1842pts
- 48 models
- 6 Vehicles
- 8 Characters (4 are gunners)
- 28 others

Strategy: I would deploy evenly across the field, blow up the infantry with the TF cans, snipes, and MLs; have MLs and Las Predators for vics; flakk for flyers; take the conclave for support and deep strike/ assault rebuff. The idea is that none of it is all that threatening in of itself (save the conclave), but can overall threaten everything. Moreover, it is very redundant. I haven't seen a list like this yet, but that may not be a good thing and I want to know if it is bad. Am I just puffing smoke?
Also, I have salamanders simply because of the relics. Drake Smitter, Tome of Vel'C, and Nocturne's Fury are awesome. That being said, do you think that Iron Hands would be better for the overall, since I have a lot of vics myself.
Finally, I am not sure about detachments. Can I take a 10th company, Armoured TF, and Librarius Conclave without a something like a CAD?

Thank you in advance.

Offline SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: My first 1850pt list - Space Marine
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 05:26:55 AM »
You have a good amount of damage going down, but you have some issues with how this list will perform.  You have only one issue with how the army is set up though.  You have taken an army where every Detachment is a Formation.  There's nothing wrong with that.  You can do all of this, but the question is should you.  What you can't do is take the Nocturne's Fury.  That's a Special Weapon replacement only, and Librarians do not have access to that list.

You have no real point takers here.  Yes, you can deploy a few inches forward, which is all you'll get when the opponent sees that many Scouts, they'll line up so they have Line of Sight to anywhere good for you to hide in and force you 18" away.  Then Scout moves happen to make up for some of the lost ground.  But, now you're up there and any enemy unit with Objective Secured just needs to walk right up and flip you off while they take control of the Objective.  Your librarians are not going to be able to be everywhere, and firing the TFCs at them risks your own unit.  All your opponent has to do is charge your Scouts and they'll likely be in range to steal it right out from under you.

Your Librarians are a LOT of points in a three man unit...  I see the attempt, but they are good at one thing.  Assault.  That's an easy solution.  Just blast them off the table and then I can focus on the next threat.  Against a Drop Pod army, you'll suffer horribly.  You've focused to hard on poor Scouts and the Snowflake Libbys to bring a weighty force.  I wouldn't change the Armored Task Force, I think that's a good center hammer to work with and the Conversion Beamer is a nice touch, but I'd swap down to a CAD and take some more traditional speed instead of going all in on Scouts.  A Bike Captain with Drake Smitter and Bike squad alongside a single Librarian with the Tome and two or three CAD Scout squads would be a big improvement.  Buff up your squads with real holding power and give your Characters some guys around them.  Keeps your theme but will improve what you do with it.

If you want to go a bit more cutthroat with it, the Missiles on the Scouts is pretty useless.  Missiles had their day and nothing in the air is scared of S7 AP4 in so little numbers anymore.  Unless you have a specific opponent who is not using Heldrakes or Flyrants but is using a different Flyer, it's not worth the points.  Heavy Bolters would make more sense and let them focus on their role.  Four TFCs is overkill.  You can cut that down to two if needed but three is plenty.  Save the points, again.  If something ain't dead to three, it ain't going to die to four and you need to use a bigger gun.  Salamanders, while cool, are not utilized here as much as Iron Hands would be.  Iron Hands would be my choice.