Author Topic: Black Legion Casual List Would like some feedback  (Read 834 times)

Online Nefarious

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Black Legion Casual List Would like some feedback
« on: April 03, 2017, 06:46:54 AM »
Ok so I am doing a black legion army I want to have Abaddon with it so I think I will have Bringer of Despair and Black Legion warband so I can deep strike Abaddon and his Terminators in round 1

Black Legion Warband
1x Chaos Lord 65
2x Five man Chaos Space Marines 150
1x Hellbrute 100
4x Terminators with Power fist 152
3x Bikers 70

Bringer of Dispair
 Abaddon 265
4x Terminators with power fist

This leaves me at 802 points what should I add and what should I upgrade with I would like some feedback in the coments and I plan to play this kinda casual
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 06:49:35 AM by Leboss »
  • Adeptus Mechanicus, Orks, Chaos Space Marines.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Black Legion Casual List Would like some feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 07:30:50 AM »
You've got nothing here though.  All your guys are naked.  There's no weapon options anywhere for any of the units.  I suggest you fix that first and foremost.  This isn't an army, it's just Abbadon leading guys...  You have to add options to make them actually accomplish anything on the table.  You can take this too many ways for me to suggest loadouts since many of these units can be set up in a host of ways. You have to have a coherent idea of what each unit wants to get done before and that will guide you in how to set them up with weapons and numbers.

You've set up your army wrong.  The Terminators in Bringers of Despair are not the Terminators in your CAD.  They have to be in the Bringers of Despair Formation, and units can't belong to more than one Detachment.  It's an easy fix, just remove their listing from the units up top and only have them in the Bringers of Despair.  I'd also just make your CAD into Black Legion for the free VotLW, just cause.  There's no downside and it gives you alternate Troops to consider.

Online Nefarious

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 07:38:25 AM »
I know theese are just the units I need to have so I can deepstrike with abaddon in the first round and I am not sure what to add next or what I should upgrade I've recently started Chaos and that is why I need help
  • Adeptus Mechanicus, Orks, Chaos Space Marines.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 09:31:41 PM »
Upgrades.  There are certain armies where taking just a big standard unit is fine but CSM isn't one of them.  But when I say there's not much to help with, that's because there's no meat yet.  With a Chaos Lord you can build him to be a Biker Lord of Nurgle with T6, S8 attacks at AP2, as much durability as is possible and just turn him into a beefy beatstick you shove down your opponent's threat.  Or maybe a fancy pants duelist with Mark of Slannesh and the Spineshiver blade to maximize damage in Challenges and buff up from Boons.  Or a bodyguard for Abbadon in Terminator gear.  Or maybe you just want him in some CSM squad and he's a tax unit to unlock the Detachment.

The squads are all the same.  Do you want them to kill vehicles or do you want them to kill infantry or do you want them to take Objectives or are they also just tax.  The amount of directions you can go are practically infinite, so you have to have a game plan on what you want them to do.  There are optimized builds for each unit, but that depends on what their role in your army is.  Decide what you want Squad whichever to do and we can work from there.

Looking more into Black Legion themselves, you are missing another bit.  The full Detachment you're using is the Black Legion Speartip, so you're going to need more Terminators, one unit for Abbadon, one unit for the Warband or you can go Chosen if you prefer.  You also need to include an Auxillary choice.  Warband is Core, Bringers is Command, you need 1+ choice of an Auxillary Formation from that list.  Spawn is the cheapest, but there are plenty of better ones.  This won't be an army at 1000pts, so you can expand to 1500 or more with this game plan.

Remember that you want mobility, firepower and durability in equal measure.  That means transports for guys that can't Deep Strike, a swift and powerful group of shots from the guys that do and the ability to move around the battlefield as the battle progresses.