Author Topic: Grey Knights & Astra Militarum (2000) Competative  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Shaggy 40k

• Initiate
  • Been addicted to the grimdark since 4th grade
    • View Profile
Grey Knights & Astra Militarum (2000) Competative
« on: April 17, 2017, 10:19:27 AM »
Sup Warmaster,

I've been having loads of fun with this list. Throwing 40 conscripts, a commissar, & a priest backed by a hellhammer at the enemies of the Emporer is so damn satisfying. Just looking for any advice you may have to make the list better/more resilient to facing different armies. Thanks!

CAD: Imperial Guard

-Pask in a punisher w/ multi meltas
-Exterminator w/ heavy flamers (for deep strikers)

-Platoon
 - Platoon command squad w/ 3 melta guns
 - infantry squad w/ autocannon
 - infantry squad
 - 40 conscripts w/ Commissar & Ministorum Priest

-Vendetta (for Platoon CS w/ melta spam)

-Hellhamer (the one that has a S10 fat a$$ blast that ignores cover)

Grey Knights CAD

-ML3 Librarian w/ melta bombs

- 5 terminators, Justicar w/ Daemon Hammer

- Dreadknight w/ teleporter, heavy incinerator, heavy psycannon

Facing lots of marines & eldar in my local meta. I usually have the hellhammer and conscripts (bubblewrap) dominate the center supported by the rest of the guard and the dreadknight. Then I deep strike in the vendetta w/ melta spam and the terminators (if needed). Thanks for checking out my list  ;D

Offline geffthegoat

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Grey Knights & Astra Militarum (2000) Competative
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:41:30 PM »
Cant really say anything on the Imperial Guard since I don't play them, but seems pretty solid overall. You have a nice mix of armor, horde, air and everything inbetween.

Do give your librarian a Nemesis hammer, though, it costs just as much as the meltabombs. 2 strength 8 (10 with hammerhand from the terminators) are better than one, even if you have armorbane.
Sure, its only Initiative 1 which can suck in 1v1s, but your Librarian shouldn't be in challenges in the first place.
Also, if you can, get the dreadknight a hammer or a sword, its 5 points for concussive and force, or 10 for mastercrafted and force, and makes it exponentially mor terrifingy against monstrous creatures.
Nice list :)

Offline Shaggy 40k

• Initiate
  • Been addicted to the grimdark since 4th grade
    • View Profile
Re: Grey Knights & Astra Militarum (2000) Competative
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 12:26:18 AM »
Thanks goat! I keep the libby stock with the warding stage for adimantium will and I'll expiriment with your suggestion about the sword for sure! Looking forward to 8th ed