Author Topic: Grey Knights & Astra Militarum (2000) Competative  (Read 643 times)

Offline Shaggy 40k

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Grey Knights & Astra Militarum (2000) Competative
« on: April 17, 2017, 07:19:27 AM »
Sup Warmaster,

I've been having loads of fun with this list. Throwing 40 conscripts, a commissar, & a priest backed by a hellhammer at the enemies of the Emporer is so damn satisfying. Just looking for any advice you may have to make the list better/more resilient to facing different armies. Thanks!

CAD: Imperial Guard

-Pask in a punisher w/ multi meltas
-Exterminator w/ heavy flamers (for deep strikers)

-Platoon
 - Platoon command squad w/ 3 melta guns
 - infantry squad w/ autocannon
 - infantry squad
 - 40 conscripts w/ Commissar & Ministorum Priest

-Vendetta (for Platoon CS w/ melta spam)

-Hellhamer (the one that has a S10 fat a$$ blast that ignores cover)

Grey Knights CAD

-ML3 Librarian w/ melta bombs

- 5 terminators, Justicar w/ Daemon Hammer

- Dreadknight w/ teleporter, heavy incinerator, heavy psycannon

Facing lots of marines & eldar in my local meta. I usually have the hellhammer and conscripts (bubblewrap) dominate the center supported by the rest of the guard and the dreadknight. Then I deep strike in the vendetta w/ melta spam and the terminators (if needed). Thanks for checking out my list  ;D

• Vostroyan Astra Militarum, Grey knights
Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fighin' so it dont count. If we runs for it we don't die niether, cos we can come back for anuver go, see!
-Commonly held ork view of war

Online geffthegoat

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Grey Knights & Astra Militarum (2000) Competative
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 03:41:30 PM »
Cant really say anything on the Imperial Guard since I don't play them, but seems pretty solid overall. You have a nice mix of armor, horde, air and everything inbetween.

Do give your librarian a Nemesis hammer, though, it costs just as much as the meltabombs. 2 strength 8 (10 with hammerhand from the terminators) are better than one, even if you have armorbane.
Sure, its only Initiative 1 which can suck in 1v1s, but your Librarian shouldn't be in challenges in the first place.
Also, if you can, get the dreadknight a hammer or a sword, its 5 points for concussive and force, or 10 for mastercrafted and force, and makes it exponentially mor terrifingy against monstrous creatures.
Nice list :)