Author Topic: Corsairs. - The pirates!- -Sub forum-  (Read 28247 times)

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
Re: Corsairs. - The pirates!- -Sub forum-
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 06:59:52 PM »
The issue is that I think imperial armour wants to update all it's books and Corsairs are in volume 11... Might take a while!! But they might just update the army list separately! Who knows..

Either way, how do bladesworn go on table top.. they seem like expensive Storm Guardians at a glance.. The same goes for Voidstorm Squads.. any experience there^^?
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline ghostmask10

• Chapter Master
  • In war there is poetry; in death, release.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »
The issue is that I think imperial armour wants to update all it's books and Corsairs are in volume 11... Might take a while!! But they might just update the army list separately! Who knows..

Either way, how do bladesworn go on table top.. they seem like expensive Storm Guardians at a glance.. The same goes for Voidstorm Squads.. any experience there^^?
Well dear angel I'm glad you asked, and for only 1999999.99 you can find out the answer. I'm just kidding
So far I've used them as bodyguards for my princes and void dreamers.
The good thing about them is that they have access to a lot of war gear, which makes them a little better than storm guardians. That plus the 4+ armour save.
Another thing that makes them a bit better than storm guardians is that they don't lack the transport methods. I'm talking about the jetpacks, of course. The fact that they can take jetpacks means that if they're not limited to a transport which can be easily wrecked and then they would be stranded midfield, but they are there to serve your prince so you get two choices:
6 in a falcon or 5 in Venom. While the venom is only av 10 it IS open-topped so you can assault out of it. I suggest buying holo-fields for it, than moving flat out into cover turn one. Move out and assault. Or go with Falcon for more models and higher av.
Jetpacks. For large groups, but a bit slower.
As far as voidstorm squads go they ARE storm guardians with jetpacks. Although they do far better against vehicles, don't be fooled by their CC war gear, they can crack vehicles preety well. You could than assault the guys in the vehicle, or you could be a real Dic.......I mean Eldar and jump away from them and shoot them or just hunt other vehicles. Hope that helps. ;D
Feel the rush of the wind against your skin and hear her keening cry in your ears. Listen to her call well, for are we not the Wild Riders, the children of the storm?

Offline Khe-Loc

• Inquisitor Lord
  • Red goes faster .... and so does Saim-Hann
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 01:45:51 AM »
Anyone know if there has been a redux on them as of late since the new dex?
Sadly not yet.  :(

Should be done though. Maybe they'll even catch my attention  ;)
Ohhh I get it, you're saying that we corsairs are not good enough for you! Well as an eldar I would try to insult you in a way that would both offend and confuse you, but as a corsair I'll just say **** ***** up a ***** and ******* until ****** you! :P
And back to reality. I'm really enjoying this corsairs thing! ;D

They seem very interesting, but I'd at least want them with Battle Focus :P

Offline Skari

• Brother Captain
  • SkaredCast
    • View Profile
    • Main Channel Resource
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 10:35:47 AM »
Actually, with the jetpacks, battle focus is a moot point (abeit its not cheap).

So, as an allied detachment I was highly considering this:

Prince with a shadow field, jetpack, harlies kiss, haywire grenades

10 Corsairs with jetpacks, 2 eldar missile launchers.

310pts.
Support me on the Patreon Page:
http://patreon.com/skaredcast

make sure you check out my blog:
http://skaredcast.blogspot.com
youtube channel
http://youtube.com/skaredcast

Offline ghostmask10

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 02:03:28 PM »
Actually, with the jetpacks, battle focus is a moot point (abeit its not cheap).

So, as an allied detachment I was highly considering this:

Prince with a shadow field, jetpack, harlies kiss, haywire grenades

10 Corsairs with jetpacks, 2 eldar missile launchers.

310pts.
I would suggest that you give your prince 5 blade sworn and stick him in a transport. That's only if you're gonna give him a shadow-field, because if an opponent finds out that all he has a to do is wound you once and you'll be defenceless, he will blast your prince to bits! If you want him to have a jetpack I would recommend at least putting him in a squad of voidstorms and giving him a force shield instead. Those little guys are surprisingly good anti-tanks!
I would love to see you do a bat-rep with them as allies! ;D
Feel the rush of the wind against your skin and hear her keening cry in your ears. Listen to her call well, for are we not the Wild Riders, the children of the storm?

Offline Angelic

• Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 02:36:38 AM »
Plus they get a free Shimmershield!

Offline ghostmask10

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 06:13:45 AM »
Plus they get a free Shimmershield!
Indeed, but I still wouldn't charge with them! :P

Offline Skari

• Brother Captain
  • SkaredCast
    • View Profile
    • Main Channel Resource
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 11:04:03 PM »
I have been looking at the voidsworn, they look expensicve for what you get... As for the prince, the jetpack is to give him relentless to fire the orbital strike on the move.

youtube channel

Offline Angelic

• Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 11:17:09 PM »
Yeahh Voidstorm Squads do seem fairly expensive.. I think i'd rather take Shadow Spectres :D!! Relentless works very well.. wish it worked with the OSRs for Grey Knights :D!

@Skari, if you do end up playing Dark Eldar/Corsair Allies, is there a place i'd be able to see the lists/batreps.. I don't have any money to collect either army right now, but in future they are still something of interest for me!

Angel

Offline ghostmask10

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 11:32:25 AM »
Yeahh Voidstorm Squads do seem fairly expensive.. I think i'd rather take Shadow Spectres :D!! Relentless works very well.. wish it worked with the OSRs for Grey Knights :D!

@Skari, if you do end up playing Dark Eldar/Corsair Allies, is there a place i'd be able to see the lists/batreps.. I don't have any money to collect either army right now, but in future they are still something of interest for me!

Angel
Foolish Angel! The good thing about corsairs is that you can use eldar models! I use a falcon, guardians, dire avengers (as bladesworn) and avenger exarch. (As prince.) Some times I use vypers as venoms but I'll soon get actual venoms! ;D

Offline Angelic

• Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 06:44:27 PM »
The actual Corsair models are awesome though<,<.. I wouldn't feel right using my Craftworld Eldar for them :3.. Although the Prince would probably be a kitbashed Autarch..

Offline ghostmask10

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 07:51:15 AM »
The actual Corsair models are awesome though<,<.. I wouldn't feel right using my Craftworld Eldar for them :3.. Although the Prince would probably be a kitbashed Autarch..
I only use my avanger exarche as a prince because I made him look like an autarch for my old foot army, which now became a corsairs army! :P
Plus I don't take jetpacks in my list but if you want to then I would suggest buying the actual models. I would only see myself buying them if I wanted to stop using guardians as voidstorm. :P

Offline Skari

• Brother Captain
  • SkaredCast
    • View Profile
    • Main Channel Resource
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 11:06:09 PM »
what sort of lists do you think the corsairs would fit in well?

youtube channel

Offline Angelic

• Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 11:08:52 PM »
I think liek you said they syndergise well with DE putting on that Night Fighting, this means you can potentially get it twice per game, which benefits you nicely :3

Offline ghostmask10

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 03:19:07 AM »
They would be best in a fast army like eldar/DE but you could use them as a distraction first turn. Their damage output is incredible but their armour isn't so you could just throw them in your opponent's face to give your army time to deploy, but I just find that a massive waste of points. :P