Author Topic: RESULTS!!  (Read 3306 times)

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
RESULTS!!
« on: April 14, 2014, 05:16:30 PM »
So I had to make a new thread, oh well! Basically i'm going to post screenshots of the randomiser I picked. I tested it a little and it seems to work well enough to me!

Before that let me explain judge picks, I asked judges to pick a top three and then assigned point values for each position (3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd). This generated the top four which was, in no particular order:

Neojarlaxe
TheOverlord
Striker0079
bladeiai

I just want to note, every judge stressed just how difficult it was to choose three let alone a single one, everyone did fantastic work! I just want to thank you all again for taking the time to enter and participate, I didn't really think this would take off to begin with, but i'm glad I got the participation I did.

Anyway without further ado! (You'll notice the Judge's pick winner isn't on the Pledge Finished draw, I decided for the sake of fairness I didn't want one person to win twice, I understand I deviated a little from the initial set up, but hey I know you guys don't mind... actually now that I look you can't see the full lists anyway! Well that's how it went, so you all know!).

Judge's Picks

Pledge Finishers

Oh! and here's some feedback for people who received it!

bladeiai: Epic on all accounts. Love the battle damage, weathering, and chains on the sword. Looks like a real war machine. Love the crushing foot claw on the dread. My only “complaint”, if it can be called that, is the plasma cannon wrecked dread arm on the base with the glow effects- it is so awesome it needs to be on the front of the base so players/opponents can see it.

I totally agree with this... my lord that was epic..

Neojarlaxe:  Love the spirit stones/gems and the pop that they have. Love how the faces of the Dark Eldar pop and add color contrasting to the dark colors of the models. The red “striping” on the boards help really bring things out. 

Overall great work from the highlights to the basing

Agree here, these were all around fantastic models. Love your work!

Striker0079: Loved the custom greenstuff and great work on the cloak especially

It´s painted very nicely and I especially love the checkered mantle.

Aww where's all the feedback for Striker?! I think you did a brilliant job on that mantle, the checkering tops it off and the paint job is great. Not much more to say

TheOverlord: Love the green effects and highlights of the vehicle. Love the glowing effects of the main control orb. Silver weathering is good on the weapons and other metal parts, which can be hard for Necrons since their metal is not really metal but rather living metal.

Love the crispness of the model, and great work overall

This model was another great all-rounder, the highlighting, everything just fit together so well, loved it!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 06:03:28 PM by xAngelicZ »
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Bowlzee

• Keeper of Secrets
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Slave to Slaanesh
    • View Profile
    • Slave To Slaanesh
Re: RESULTS!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 05:28:06 PM »
Congratulations everyone. There are some amazing models painted up :)

Offline bladeiai

• Battle Brother
  • A corrupted soul
    • View Profile
    • The Chaos Box
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 06:30:34 PM »
Congratulations to everyone! I am very honored to even be considered among such great entries! Thank you so much to everyone, especially xAngelicZ for hosting and motivating everyone to paint, and Fritz for starting such a great forum that has brought so many great and talented people together!

Offline DAG42

• Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:37:00 PM »
Congrats everyone.

Offline tannibal_lecter

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:50:06 PM »
congratulations everyone!

Offline Zangetsu

• Tempest of Blades
  • Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Prickly Terrain Studio
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 11:45:57 PM »
Grats guys, when do we get a rematch? :D

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 02:37:54 AM »
I guess I can say now that there is already another contest in the works, when and where are yet to be determined but we're working on it!
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Striker0079

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Great contest and amazing entries everyone. I'm sure we're all looking forward for the next one.
Eldar- Craftworld Glennis (4000pts)

Offline Neojarlaxe

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
    • Campo de Batalla (Battlefield)
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 12:10:11 AM »
Thanks a lot for the feedback and the compliments on my painting.

Congratulations to all the participants that finished the work, level was very good.
You are invited to my Blog and my YouTube Channel:
http://figurasvictorq.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/neojarlaxe