Author Topic: Storm Fang New spacewolves flyer  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
Re: Storm Fang New spacewolves flyer
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 02:49:04 AM »
I just feel bad for you guys that they chose to release this model instead of giving you a Stormraven option.  I'm not interested in offending anyone but if I were fielding Wolves I'd never bring this model for the sheer ugliness of it.  It's easily the worst model they have produced yet and for that I am truly sorry for your honorable and otherwise cool looking armies.  The rules might be ok but if it were me I would just modify and proxy a Stormraven.

Actually, Space Wolves have the same option as my Grey Knights - just use the Storm Wing Formation  ;) You'll get two Storm Talons and one Storm Raven in one package. Yeah, they are (technically speaking) generic Space Marines, but in the case of vehicles - who cares? Just modify them and paint them accordingly and voila. Assault Flyer and some other air presence for your pack!
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 03:18:02 AM »
It is about 220 pts, then add equipment. Ive just starting to build a Space Wolf army too. What Timing! New codex, new assault flier... if you think about it, all it is is really a space wolf equivalent to a Storm raver... cept is has that huge cannon if you want. Str 8, Ap 1, lance... Str 6 Ap3 Large Blast... Im looking forward to this...

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 02:30:37 PM »
 So the winged wolf is on the GW website, and its, I think, the same price as the storm raven.
 And I model with a wolf standard for 21 euro  :o ;D they sireuslly think that some one will buy it?  :D

Offline Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 09:19:51 PM »
Well if you guys actually like this thing then I guess that's good for you then.  To me it looks like a garbage truck on a flying base.  I have a Facebook friend that plays Space Wolves and this model sent him into a rage.  He's threatened to quit playing the new editions over it and has said some pretty awful things about the GW design team.  Like I said of the rules are good and you happen to dislike the model as I do then I would find an easy proxy.  Probably with the Stormraven or Assault Ram.  I wouldn't personally want to use the rules that include GK because I dislike the GK very much.  I'm proud of my main Chapter choices as many are and there are just some allies I'll never take.
Repent, for tomorrow you die.
http://rezial.blogspot.com/

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 06:42:38 PM »
I like the model and love the rules... the cannon variant can have the cannon,  2 twin linked multimeltas and a twin linked lascannon... wow

Offline FarseerNim

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 04:45:49 PM »
Flying assault vehicle. 

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 08:28:41 AM »
when i first saw this model i thought it was really cool and amazing. However after looking at it for a bit i realized that it would have the same physics as strapping a jet engine to your sofa. also it's over 200 points atleast the weaponry isn't that good for the points the AV is meh and if you actually use it as a transport the points cost now goes up to ATLEAST 400 points and could easily get to over 600 points. In an average game that's going to be roughly 1/3 of your army and if you fail your reserve rolls you're boned. It's insanely overcosted both in real money and in points. If you look at something like dark eldar you can take a flyer that can be kitted out to either melt elite infantry off the board or to make veteran tank pilots wet themselves. Even if you take all the unnecessary upgrades you still come out at less points than the base cost of this flyer. in the new orks codex i can take 2 flyers for the price of this thing. overall I am very much not impressed

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 09:07:30 AM »
I think it would be best suited as the gunship. You are right. Stick 300 pts of models in it and its way too expensive... But then again so is a landraider.. but at least you have a AV 14 model that wont crash

Offline ChaplainNemiel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 03:06:17 PM »
I'm a little nervous about this thing. I'll probably be playing against it on Saturday.
I HOPE the Dark Angels Nephilim can get a lucky shot against it and immobilize the ugly box before it's too late  ;D
...But this Stormfang makes the Neph look like a b*** as far as armaments go.

Offline Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 01:20:05 AM »
I'm a little nervous about this thing. I'll probably be playing against it on Saturday.
I HOPE the Dark Angels Nephilim can get a lucky shot against it and immobilize the ugly box before it's too late  ;D
...But this Stormfang makes the Neph look like a b*** as far as armaments go.

Well they aren't evenly matched because the Fang is like the Stormraven more than the Talon.  The Nephilim is based on the Talon. 
Repent, for tomorrow you die.
http://rezial.blogspot.com/