Poll

Which category from the Force Org chart should I paint from?

HQ
0 (0%)
Troops
2 (66.7%)
Elites
0 (0%)
Fast
0 (0%)
Heavy
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: March 29, 2015, 04:46:51 AM

Author Topic: My Personal Painting Challenge!  (Read 1914 times)

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
  • I have a strong interest in Voodoo.
    • View Profile
My Personal Painting Challenge!
« on: March 27, 2015, 04:46:51 AM »
Vote now to decide which group of models I'll be trying to speed paint in one week!

The quick story is I need to really start on my painting pile, so help me out by picking which group I'll be trying to paint this upcoming week based on the Force Org Chart.

The winner of the poll will be decided at the end of this Saturday, and the painting timer will commence the following Sunday. So the official painting challenge will start March 29th and end on April 4th at 11:59pm.
The contestants this time will be models in my collection that need to be repainted.

HQ: Will be 1 Terminator Chaos Lord (with 3 half painted models to fill out the work load).

TROOPS: Will be 5 Black Legion CSM troops.

ELITES: Will be 5 Possessed CSM.

FAST: Will be 3 unpainted Warp Talons (I didn't have any old painted models in the fast attack slot).

HEAVY: Will be 5 Black Legion Havocs.

There will be pictures of all the models for this competition.

This is just a simple way for me to boost myself into painting models in a timely fashion. But no challenge is complete without some kind of punishment should I fail in the aloted time. Something to help motivate me to stay on task and not fool around.
So here comes my idea of the FailWinner!
The idea of the FailWinner is this:
If I should fail to paint the selected models on time (and I promise to be honest) then I will select one person from the voting poll, one person who participated in the voting. That person is then dubed the FailWinner.
As punishment for not completing my task I personally will build, paint and mail the FailWinner a custom space marine model of his choice! (To within reason and my resources available to me). I will pick up any nessessary parts needed to build the FailWinners custom model. For time, price and simplistic reasons I'm gonna keep the FailWinners prize to just space marine troop models.
Does the FailWinner want a White Scat sergeant with a chainsword and power sword combo? No problem! I'll build and paint it to my highest standards and mail it to the FailWinner free of charge. This is just a way to give back to those who have participated in the voting and as additional motivation to keep me painting on time.
Not that I don't want to build you guys custom models, but the point of this competition is to help get my own work finished. You understand :)

So go ahead, vote to see what models I'll try to speed paint. Then cheer for both my success and failiure at the same time!

Any questions or comments you might have please feel free to ask or post.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: My Personal Painting Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 04:52:07 AM »
Additional photos of the selected units up for voting.

The first pic in the first post is my current army scheme and the colors all models will be painted to.

The next few pics are of the HQ slot.

The pics in this one are of the troop choices, the possessed CSM, the warp talons and finally the Havocs.

These pics are just to show you the models current painted status, and what they'll look like when I start working on them this Sunday.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 01:14:39 AM »
And the final results are in!

With a total of 17 votes (15 from Google+ and 2 from TheWarmaster.com) the winner of my Personal Painting Challenge is TROOP choice!!!!

*crowds cheering*

It looked like HQ was gonna win there for a second, but with the 2 added votes from the other site TROOPs clutched it out and claimed victory!!

I like to thank everyone who participated and voted to choose what I'll be painting this week. Thank you everyone.

So now I'll have one full week to repaint these 5 CSM models into my new colors.

The pictures below are the 5 models as they are right now and the poll from my Google+ poll. You can check out my google+ profile with the link in my posts flair.

Let the Painting Challenge Commence!!!

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 06:34:03 PM »
So far so good.
Was hanging with friends most of Sunday but still was able to get the basic layers on and ready.
Now that they all have the primary color on I'll start painting trim and other colors during the week.

The first pic is just showing the first two layers I had to paint over the old black color. I started with a base coat of boltgun then topped that of with Runelord Bronze (I think it's called).
The last pic is just all 5 of them painted and ready for detailing.

This weeks painting might be a little harder then originally thought. Mostly because of the distractions. I bought the Halo Master Chief collection on Saturday and the Behemoth DLC pack drops on Tuesday....

So much I wanna binge play this week XD

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 09:45:45 PM »
Aaaaaaaand it's all over folks!

And the result is a success! That's right 5 fully painted CSM troops up and ready to go with an hour and a half to spare.

I really procrastinated hard on this challenge. I played a lot of evolve this weekend and left a lot of painting for the last day. But I clutched it out and was able to finish on time.

Thank you everyone who participated in the voting panel. And for everyone secretly wishing for my failure, better luck next time ;)