Author Topic: Soul grinder??  (Read 698 times)

Offline Dihunter2

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Soul grinder??
« on: October 08, 2015, 02:07:59 AM »
So i have been looking through my new Khorne codex...(i don't like it, thats why i am posting here..) anyways the soul grinder, on paper looks fairly strong. It can't take the ap2 auto cannon like a helbrute can... It can't heal wound like some of the other heavy units... but...  +1 stronger armor over the other options... comes with a weapon that can sky fire.... has some great options for some upgrades. you can take the torrent flame, or the S10 shot... and still comes under 160...

So on paper he seems to be a good choice. Yet no one on the websites has ever recommended or even talked much about them... Is there something that i am missing, or are they just being overlooked? what does everyone think?

Offline SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Soul grinder??
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 03:07:08 AM »
Usually it just doesn't fit in.  Why add a big thing when you can add a host of small things that can become a Bloodthirster.  It's not a bad unit, and it's better than a Defiler in every way.  Avoid Ordnance obviously because that's what makes the Defiler poo.  Skyfire and the Torrent is useful though.  Only issue is that a big unit like that attracts a lot of attention that kills it very quickly.  It isn't amazingly durable.  So spending points on stuff to protect it is also points taken away from your Blood Tithe units.  Unless you do it right.  Then the defended help pay for some buffs for the rest of your army.