Author Topic: Chaos army log  (Read 12370 times)

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos army log
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2015, 06:08:16 PM »
and the last guy

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2015, 09:24:15 PM »
forgot a pic of the champion, since taking this those mess ups on his legs have been cleaned up.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 08:22:10 AM »
Check out the company Wargames Factory, they make a fantastic zombies kit that can build 30 models for $20. One of the chaos players in my local group got two boxes of the female zombies and runs those in his nurgle lists.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 03:36:18 PM »
I just checked them out, are they the civilian looking zombies? I really like the models but i don't think it fits in to the grim dark theme. I think zombies will be in the distant future any ways as i wanna keep my army mobile.

I cant decide what to work on next.  Its bumming me out. I'd like to get something else ready for Sunday. Curse my indecisiveness.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 07:15:48 PM »
Why not start basing the guys you have painted? More or less finish em off, call em done.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 08:52:06 PM »
I have no idea why i avoid basing models like the plague, but it is what it is i suppose. I only have green flock now anyways so cant really do the bases. I'll probably just go with a simple grass, dirt, and rocks thing.

I did eventually start doing something, go some paint on the hellbrute. Starting off with his flesh. Some of the hoses seem to have some kind of material around them, im going to try it as flesh first. See if i like it.

I mainly just wanted to get something on a model today, any progress is still progress. Plus by doing one color like this i force myself to finish the thing. Thanks again for reading.

Offline Dihunter2

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 09:35:16 PM »
I wold not recommend basing the army yet... When you do base them don't rush it.. So personally, i use the base to connect the army with my terrain set. (i play several armies, and each one has its own world) So my DA have a dark brown color paint with normal sand mixed in for effect. (petco sand for fish) While my Ork has a much lighter brown with some green moss (petco dried moss for terrariums) Both of these armies have terrain that i build and design around them... For example. I have several swamps covered in the moss... Looks nice for a dark angel game... But amazing when my orks hide there. I do not know if you have thought about building / designing terrain yet... If your interested i can put up some pictured of the stuff I've built for some super simple ideas. 

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2015, 10:35:29 PM »
Those are damn fine ideas. I was thinking if i went to tournaments id wants a piece or two of terrain for a display board, but hadn't thought much more into it. I think basing will be one of the last things i'll do, right now I wanna get guys painted.

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 12:46:12 AM »
Maybe its because its 3:30 am but this hellbrute is breaking my spirit. The blade on the autocannon snapped some how, i fixed it but took a pic before because why not. About to wash the green and silver once the glue dries. Tomorrow will be the horns, his spine, and his face plus any other do dads ive missed.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 02:51:46 AM »
lookin sweet. the red under the flesh tones really makes the fleshy bits look visceral. After you get all the major painting done on it, I really think you can finish it off with the Blood For the Blood God technical. Use it sparingly to trace around where the flesh is wrapped around the metal and drip it slightly where gravity would force it to trickle. Tellin ya man, little touches like that will make a model like a hellbrute a center piece to the army. Though you may wanna slow your roll on the progress, take a step back, and woosah. You've been hammering out figures over what seems like 2 weeks, which is A LOT of progress.

Offline Dihunter2

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 07:23:14 AM »
Great progress on the helbrute. More importantly... Metal? Metal?? it is no longer 1994 go get something glass before you give yourself all timers. Love the grenade... were you ever enlisted?? Anyways the color different with the helbrute it amazing. You did some good work last night.. i am sure you will continue to find spots that you want to keep updating... but i think he is getting about done... (not finished, but done for now) I can still see some models in the back round that are just green.. what do you have left to paint?

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2015, 08:23:06 AM »
Dirty Harry- I was going to ask about blood effects but forgot. I wanna make the metal look like its exploding through his body. Ill probably pick that up this weekend. And i agree i need to slow down. I always start off saying ill just do a base color, and then one thing leads to another.

Dihunter2- I have all kindas of things around here for that. The metal is just nice for the paint area so glass dont get broke or painted on. No sir never been in the army, to much metal in my live, lol. This will be one of those models ill go back to constantly, when i take pics of it i find more things i could do. Which i dont mind, i feel that way about all my guys, they are done til i get better at painting and wish to do more. As far as things left to paint;
-forgfiend
-5 raptors
-10 terminators
-16 Havocs (4 missile launchers, 4 lascannons)
-2 rhinos with havoc launchers
-terminator lord

Thanks again for the comments guys. Feedback is really motivating.

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2015, 10:42:07 AM »
Alright, he is done for now. I wanna add the blood later but yeah. Not happy with the yellow eyes and i tried and tried and tried. Ill go back to it another day. Not sure if the face came out but i want it to look like the skin had peeled off his jaw, blood will be added here later. Again to scared to try eyes. I took some pics with and without flash hopefully some come out.

All in all the juice was worth the squeeze. I liked painting this model, i just didnt realize i liked it until i was done.

I will try and take a painting break for the next few days. Maybe i'll work on their back story a bit. I'll be spraying up the havoc squads rhinos gray on saturday, i think ill add more green to them to have them stand out a bit more. And i still need to complete a couple terminators, i need to convert 3 combi-meltas and then they will be ready for priming. Thanks for reading hope you guys enjoy this one.