Author Topic: Facing multiple Helldrakes in 1850pts  (Read 298 times)

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Facing multiple Helldrakes in 1850pts
« on: March 20, 2017, 07:32:53 AM »
I keep having to face 2-3 Helldrakes in 1850pt games and as any Eldar play knows, they are the bane of most of our army.  I don't like relying to much on CH's as they aren't great for their points and can be vectored striked off the table.  How does everyone else deal with them?  EML are ok but expensive outside of the battlehost.

Online Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
Re: Facing multiple Helldrakes in 1850pts
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 07:41:04 AM »
I don't know enough about Eldar units to suggest any of those but a simple option is perhaps take a fortification that gives you an AA weapon, like a basic aegis defence line.
  • Death Guard / Nurgle Daemons
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/

Online Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 07:42:21 AM »
Out maneuver them! They went from having a ridiculously massive fire arc to having virtually no fire arc. Stay away from the area directly in front of their mouth and they're going to struggle to do anything to you.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:53:41 AM »
I played two last game and my CH killed one but was VS'd to death by the other however by that point that was all he had, I was controlling all obj's on contact lost. AA is ok but means having a static unit. Maybe I ca spare a DA squad and stick the Exarch behind it.  I have an Elder Aegis.

Online Bjarki

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 09:00:10 AM »
Don't bother with the Aegis, in my expierience a CH backed by one or two EML on Serpents should be more than enough to deal with the chickens.

You could go as far as to Scatter them to death if you want to.

Cheers