Author Topic: Zerg Themed Tyranid Army  (Read 3729 times)

Online MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Zerg Themed Tyranid Army
« on: March 25, 2017, 04:20:33 PM »
As the title says, I want to do a Zerg themed army, with the winged zerglings (Hormagaunts), infested marines (Termagaunts), Queen (Hive Tyrant), Hydralisks (raveners)... I have a few models already built, pre-greenstuff phase. Will add pictures later in edit, got a few, but they're complete garbage. If anyone's' interested, I can post updates on how they're going
  • Tyranids: Orks: Necrons:
The Great Devourer for the win

Offline goat99

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Zerg Themed Tyranid Army
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 10:58:26 AM »
Dude thats an awesome idea! I'd love to see some pictures of that once you get there! ;D
  • Grey Knights, Tyranids
Praise your GOVERLORD!...Goaverlord?...Goaterlord?...Whatever, just fetch me something to chew on...

Online Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 01:23:47 AM »
Yesplease, pictures! A fried of mine once did a single Gant in a spotted greenish color scheme taken from SCII and that already was awesome.
=Blood Angels=

Online MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 04:53:11 PM »
Sorry, i was busy last night and was too tired to post pictures/didn't feel like it  :P
The first image are some of the "Count as" Termagaunts pre-greenstuff. I plan to have 60 total with different poses. That will take some time, but think all 60 should be done before the end of the year.

The next two images are my "Count as" Warriors, I only have 1 out of three assembled right now, I plan on having 6 total, They will be armed with a venom Cannon and five Deathspitters? (don't have my codex with me atm) The marines will hold the weapon symbiotes to make the Hydralisks more believable

The last image is just a test to see which stabby stabber looks better. i was going to mold a lot of fey wings for these guys, but that ended horribly so they'll be flightless for a while, I was also going to add greenstuff horns, but that was too complicated. I have a back up in mind already and will implement. but which design is better? The classic Hormagaunt or the genestealer?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:55:53 PM by MiniTV »

Online MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 08:58:54 PM »
I have 20 count as termagaunts, 24 Count as Hormagaunts, and three count as Tyranid Warriors. Unbased, and not green-stuffed yet. But got a painting competiton on the 9th. Think it's a fair amount of time to accomplish. I'll post pics when they're painted up. Cheers
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 02:28:19 PM by MiniTV »

Offline goat99

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 07:13:27 AM »
This Thread pleases the Hive Mind  ;D
  • Grey Knights, Tyranids
Praise your GOVERLORD!...Goaverlord?...Goaterlord?...Whatever, just fetch me something to chew on...

Online MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 05:36:47 PM »
UPDATE: Finally got my guys made and based. Just gotta wait for the glue to dry before adding a primer. If interested, I can post a picture of them in all their naked glory ;)

Online Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 12:15:37 AM »
Yes please show them!
Also i'd like another picture of the Hormagaunts more closeup/detailed, the conversion looks interesting!
=Blood Angels=

Online MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 12:03:11 PM »
I couldn't really get a decent picture of the primed models  unfortunately. That's cause I took them in a deep dank dark cave. Tomorrow is the painting "competition" aka a chance to show off :P  And I'll be sure to get closeups of them @Sensenbob, even added a few more stuff to them since my last showing.

Online MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 11:01:54 AM »
As requested, here are some closeups of my converted Hormagaunts. I used a Termagaunt base, Saurus Lizardman head, the little baby claws on hormagaunts as horns, Wood elf Fey wings for wings. and genestealer, and hormagaunt talons for the stabby bits.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:16:18 AM by MiniTV »

Online Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 05:23:40 AM »
Nice stuff!
The Heads work really well with those baby claws! Also the Stabby claws are cool with that inverted starcraft look! The wings are a bit too small for my personal taste, but generally a great conversion!
=Blood Angels=

Online MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 07:07:14 AM »
I kinda agree witht the wings, but a pair I saw on ebay that I liked was stupid expensive. The current ones I'm using are cost effective. Also until 8th edition comes out, I'm taking a small break from this. I want to see if they add any new Tyranids or not. I'll finish up the ones I have and sit tight for the time being

Online MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 08:59:11 AM »
I've decided to turn the infested marines into genestealers as people were a bit annoyed at the height advantage they received. Instead for termagaunts, I'll use simple termagaunt bodies with the lizardmen head and horns. Looks good and I'll be able to mass produce them again once my monetary reserves are to what I like. Even have a bit of a fluff story as to why they look a lot like tyranids.