Author Topic: Adepticon 2017  (Read 1698 times)

Offline Lee Gaddies

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Adepticon 2017
« on: March 30, 2017, 03:52:26 AM »
I was at Adepticon 2017 and there was a lot guys with large carts of miniatures going to play in the tournaments. I didn't get a chance to play any 40k as I was taking airbrush classes and doing open play and demos of other games, but it was crazy the army sizes and the amount of miniatures people bring to a event like this. Is this unusual?

Online DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Adepticon 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 10:37:58 AM »
If you were there Saturday/Sunday, what you saw were the armies for the Team Tournament, which is the flagship 40K event at AdeptiCon. Each team is 4 players and each player brings 1000 points. So...you'll see a lot of big carts and 4000 point armies.
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi
Check out my battle reports: www.youtube.com/user/dcannon4life/videos

Offline Blk Ice

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 05:01:17 PM »
I was glad to see that, Gw was getting involved in the community again.
A shadow shell fall over the universe, A evil will grow in is path, An death will come from the sky, An Reanimation Protocols will be online.

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 05:22:34 PM »
For me, Adepticon 2017 was legendary. My team, Borderlands Battle Brothers, was playing a very fluffy Khorne Daemonkin army in the Team event. Our list played fast. We either won quickly or lost quickly based on the matchup. Which left plenty of time for the dealer room.

After the first game, Adepticon judges came up and told us we had a unique opportunity: play a live game on Warhammer TV. Who could refuse that?! The other team had cool uniforms representing different Imperial officers playing a very interesting list. Each teammate had 4 flyers, which were chosen for very fluffy reasons. So, it made for a very interesting match up. Both teams played smart but it must be said, KDK were going to have an advantage on the ground in an objectives based game when a lot of points were tied up in aircraft. We tried vector striking their planes with our Bloodthirsters but that had very little effect. They tried shooting up our units from the air while getting infantry into position on the ground but it just wasn't enough to overcome our ground advantage. Once our daemons made contact with a guards unit, they were chewed up rather quickly.

The game was fun but the legendary part was talking to the GW Warhammer TV guys. You could not ask for more enthusiastic and appreciative people in all the world. Eager to listen and quick with observations, they were brilliant. I even got to talk some with Duncan! Fantastic guy! I dug deep into my travel bags and came up with a dice game my friends and I have had lots of fun playing while traveling called Farkle, the Minnesota edition. I wish I had something a bit more epic for them but it is a handy travel size. I hope they had fun with it.

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 04:18:49 PM »
I would also like to note that I had fun playing Maelstrom again this year and fully intend to play again next year. I'll talk about it more in the Tournaments section but I was so happy to finally play against Orks that I lost track of playing the game. I had so many questions which the Ork player was happy to answer (which was to his advantage but having fun and learning about his army was more important to me than finishing off his army in a timely manner). Very well run!

Online DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 06:09:43 AM »
I would also like to note that I had fun playing Maelstrom again this year and fully intend to play again next year. I'll talk about it more in the Tournaments section but I was so happy to finally play against Orks that I lost track of playing the game. I had so many questions which the Ork player was happy to answer (which was to his advantage but having fun and learning about his army was more important to me than finishing off his army in a timely manner). Very well run!

Glad you enjoyed it!
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi
Check out my battle reports: www.youtube.com/user/dcannon4life/videos