Author Topic: 8th Edition Lists  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
  • Iron Within, Kill Main Burn! Ahem... Iron Without.
    • View Profile
8th Edition Lists
« on: April 23, 2017, 09:05:12 AM »
So GW have confirmed in their 8th edition FAQ that all our existing models will be legitimate in the new rules.

With that in mind how are people planning their future lists? I imagine some people are just set in a holding pattern until the rules drop - a perfectly sensible position - but personally, I'm seeing this as an opportunity to throw together those forces that always appealed thematically but were still sub-optimal.

For example, right now I'm painting up a squad of Chaos Chosen because I want to give them a proper field test when the new rules land and I want to play with a fully painted army.

What about you guys? Are you doubling down on getting those last few games in or models finished before the rules change or are you, like me, getting ready to roll out with some experimental stuff?
  • Chaos Space Marines, Astra Militarum, Eldar, Space Marines
Some are born great, others achieve greatness.  Some...

Some are still throwing spears at the buses.

Online Eryx_UK

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • March of the Damned
Re: 8th Edition Lists
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 01:29:13 PM »
I'm not worrying about it and will just continue to work on the models I have to build and paint right now.
  • Death Guard / Nurgle Daemons
My Death Guard narrative blog: http://thedeathguard.blogspot.co.uk/

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 12:13:49 AM »
I'm finishing up my Ynnari list with models I like and if they're no long playable together then oh friggin well.  I'll wait again just like I did between the latest Eldar Codex and now.  Eventually they'll be playable in the way I like.  I'm used to shelving armies because of rules, either their own or general meta changes but it's not going to stop me from collecting the army.  I have plenty of options to choose from, I'm sure one of my armies will be playable no matter what comes next.

Online MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 12:34:58 PM »
I'm not one to "play the meta" and all that. I'm just waiting to see what new models they drop so I can continue my converting. Even heard they might drop a new army, so I'm waiting to see if it's true.
  • Tyranids: Orks: Necrons:
The Great Devourer for the win

Online Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 02:11:26 AM »
My lists are generallly pretty balanced with a light Bloodangelic focus on melee , so i think i'll just keep doing what i'm doing and see how it plays in the new edition before changin everything around!
However i'll possibly prepare a Highlander-Style list containing as many different squads and unit-types as possible for testing.

My Build/Paint-schedule hasn't really changed yet due to me being busy with my first Imperial Knight, but maybe afterwards i'll finally find some motivation to finish the half-done but unusable Dreadnought that has been waiting for a too long time now that Dreadnoughts are great again----hopefully. It will be either the Dreadnought or Terrain.

Our private "League" will keep playing out all the scheduled games for this year in the 7th Edition ruleset in Order to not destroy the ranking. So we'll use the new rules only in unranked games until next year. Well, maybe we'll organize ourselves some small events with the new rules since we're all pretty hyped.
=Blood Angels=

Offline Shaggy 40k

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 12:52:24 PM »
With the assault phase & mass dice pools becoming more potent according to leaks (see Fritz's youtube channel's vid- "The most powerful 8th ed. army") I decided I wanted to play 'Nids or Orks and try a horde army with close combat potential (I just play Grey Knights and Guard now). I actually picked up my friend's old, mostly metal Tyranids force for cheap and I'm deep in the sauce re-painting them and hoarding biomass for more gaunts. For now, just loading up on troops/essentials (flyrant) and waiting for the rules to drop. Probably going for Hive Fleet Leviathan- the purple carapaces on the bugs look amazing ;D In the meantime, joining a Shadow War Armageddon Campaign at the Rochester, NY G.W.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 12:54:51 PM by Shaggy 40k »
  • Vostroyan Astra Militarum, Grey knights