Author Topic: Views on Homegrown Characters  (Read 230 times)

Offline Jonny V

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Views on Homegrown Characters
« on: April 24, 2017, 04:35:10 AM »
What's everyone's view on creating characters for your army? Does anyone do this?

I play Imperial Fists amongst others and whilst Lysander is a solid dude I surely can't be the first to wonder why the Ultramarines have a whole bunch of characters! Take Tigurius, he's got a good statline and lv3 is not to be sneezed at. However fluff wise why wouldn't other chapters have someone similar as their chief? Same goes for chapter masters, master of the forge etc.

Has anyone tried this and had any luck with it or indeed played against someone who had done this? I suppose this big thing is to ok it with the opponent first and then to base the character loosely on one that there's rules for already so that there's a basis for comparison. Finally it would have to fit in with the theme of the army too.

Let me know what you think.

Online brianstockel

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Views on Homegrown Characters
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 07:39:25 AM »
If you played Tigerius with an Imperial Fist army, I personally wouldn't bawk. I would like it tons more if you had a whole name and a background as well. I go even further by naming all of my sergeants in my Ultramarines army and Nobs for my Orks. But you're talking about friendly games where that's going to be allowed.

End of the day, it's your hobby. Do what you want with it and be creative. Tigerius is a cool looking model and in fact, mine is sitting atop a palanquin for my wifes Death Guard army.

Offline Jonny V

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Views on Homegrown Characters
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 08:25:34 AM »
Thanks. Yeah, if I was going to do it I'd do it properly and create something new, background and all. I've even painted up a Draigo model up as the character!