Author Topic: Just bought a codex and pissed that 8th ed is making them obsolete? Read this.  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
  • Iron Within, Kill Main Burn! Ahem... Iron Without.
    • View Profile
An interesting new development if you're feeling a bit hard done by having recently just bought a codex.  Check this out:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/24/just-bought-a-codex-dont-worry-weve-got-you-covered/
  • Chaos Space Marines, Astra Militarum, Eldar, Space Marines
Some are born great, others achieve greatness.  Some...

Some are still throwing spears at the buses.

Offline leE7_G4M3r

• Battle Brother
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
I only recently bought the rulebook, but I bought it in the dark vengeance box. The rulebook was the only reason I bought it! Would they refund a bit of it?
  • Orks, Dark Eldar, Imperium.
WAAAGH!

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
I only recently bought the rulebook, but I bought it in the dark vengeance box. The rulebook was the only reason I bought it! Would they refund a bit of it?

Not sure, their customer service email is up there.  You could always ask them.  They might not refund the whole thing but they might give you vouchers equal to the value of the rule book itself.

Offline TearoftheDragon

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
The Fracture of Beil-tan was out a few weeks before the date give, the Rise of the Primarch after. Both now as obsolete as each other. It's a good idea but sucks that people buying something from the same campaign end up being treated differently.

Offline Ironclad13

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
They have to draw the line somewhere.  They've already doubled their usual lead time on it, otherwise they might as well refund the whole of 7th edition, or every 6th edition codex that never got updated to a competitive level with its 7th edition peers.

I'm just impressed they're doing it at all.