Author Topic: Eldar 8th preview  (Read 4700 times)

mcphro and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
Eldar 8th preview
« on: May 11, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »
Basic review from Reecius...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/11/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-eldar/

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Eldar 8th preview
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 04:19:59 PM »
He specifically said that Alaitoc Rangers are going to be good, and I'm going to hold him to it.  That's what I want to play in Eldar and it was one of two lists that were nerfed with the current Eldar codex.  If he lies to us, I will be sad again.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 01:47:02 AM »

another of his reviews...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtJnM9ZldCc

They were talking about how snipers can target characters "even if they weren't the closest unit"...

Online Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 03:12:19 AM »
Okay, Scorpions mandiblasters dealing mortal wounds? What the actual feck?!!

Offline Chmmr_X

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 02:44:16 AM »
Too many unknowns at the moment. We got to see how our transports work, our characters (Warlocks and Seer Council), Guardians, etc. Right now Thousand Sons for one would be getting 2+ saves in general from small arms fire. We got to see how our weapons work... just because you can target Characters may not mean much if your weapons can hardly harm them to begin with.

Offline Shadenuat

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 03:57:07 AM »
If Shuriken weaponry would get -1 AP it would lead to some hilarious phantom pain reactions from old marine players. I also expect Scatter laser becoming lower S, higher rate of fire weapon.

As for Avatar, scorps or banshees it doesn't matter how cool they could do in melee, if they still wouldn't have a reasonable way of surviving the trip into it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:14:10 AM by Shadenuat »

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 12:35:32 AM »
If the recent "bolt rifle" get a -1 AP and 30" range, i dont think its unreasonable that "shuriken" weaponry get -1ap as well.

Online Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 12:38:04 AM »
i read that Daemonettes get  -4 AP on a 6 to wound, so i guess this is how they will emulate the old Rending and maybe Bladestorm as well.
=Blood Angels=

Offline DanielKay

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 07:46:14 AM »
I'm looking forward to this release. Anyone know the exact date?

Online Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 02:24:26 PM »
I'm looking forward to this release. Anyone know the exact date?

It is all rumors right now.

June 10 or June 17 seem to be the top two.

Recent review mentioned they will announce the actual dates by the end of May.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »
Reecius said... it's a whole new game and pretty much will play differently. It will be interesting to see how Eldar play in 8th.

Offline Chmmr_X

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 06:39:58 PM »
Transport and Starweaver rules are teased. Starweaver seem quite squishy to me... being only T5 (effectively AV9 instead of 10 in the past... now even lasguns can kill it) and 6 wounds. It has 3 3+ to hit attacks at strength 5 though... which is quite funny. 16" move is really fast.

I look forward to see how Wave Serpents are. And Rhinos... especially on their pricing. I hope the point pricing won't be 110 to 35 pts again...

Offline Odras

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 11:48:15 PM »
I'm quite looking forward to the new edition and being able to play a lot of the previously neglected eldar models. If our wraithlords are anything like as good as some of those Tyranid monsters look, I might finally be able to play the 3 of them that have sit on my shelf for ages, despite me putting a lot of hobby time into them.

However I am a bit worried that my Saim Hann style army will struggle from what has been released so far. It appears that our vehicles and jetbikes with heavy weapons are going to be hitting only on 4s and I can't see our scatter lasers and Shuriken Cannons being as good as they currently are when it comes to damaging things.

On the upside though, we have only been given a small portion of the information and no stats on our weapons have been released. We also might get the same vehicle treatment as the dark eldar with the ignoring of the -1 to hit, so I am more of a cautious wait and see approach as all the other information they have released so far looks good.

Despite all of that, even if the worst happens with vypers, jetbikes and hornets now being bad I would still enjoy this edition playing with the aspect warriors, guardians and wraith things we haven't seen for a few years now. I'm also excited to see what they do for the Ynnari in newhammer.

Online Morollan

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 01:47:40 AM »
However I am a bit worried that my Saim Hann style army will struggle from what has been released so far. It appears that our vehicles and jetbikes with heavy weapons are going to be hitting only on 4s and I can't see our scatter lasers and Shuriken Cannons being as good as they currently are when it comes to damaging things.

I hope that's actually the case, as giving basic troop models access to heavy weapons, especially on a blisteringly fast and reasonably resilient platform, was a massive mistake by GW in terms of game balance, although I dare say it sold a few models!

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 02:35:14 AM »
Transport and Starweaver rules are teased. Starweaver seem quite squishy to me... being only T5 (effectively AV9 instead of 10 in the past... now even lasguns can kill it) and 6 wounds. It has 3 3+ to hit attacks at strength 5 though... which is quite funny. 16" move is really fast.

I look forward to see how Wave Serpents are. And Rhinos... especially on their pricing. I hope the point pricing won't be 110 to 35 pts again...

I can see me taking 2 Wave Serpents with 4 squads of banshees and 4 close combat characters (4 x phoenix lords anyone?).

I also can see Harlequins in starweavers could be quite viable. It will prob take 3 lascannon (if they roll 2's or 3's...) hits to kill a starweaver still, and now, you only loose a model on a 6... Not wounds on toughness 3 which always used to SUCK REAL BAD!

I really want to try to make a close combat Eldar army work.