Author Topic: Looking for help expanding a Space Wolf army  (Read 532 times)

Offline Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
Looking for help expanding a Space Wolf army
« on: July 20, 2017, 09:34:12 PM »
Hello everyone, so before you hold up the heresy signs for a dark angels player posting on the space wolf side of things, hear me out. My younger brother has recently bought the start collecting box for space wolves and was looking to expand a little more but has no clue where to start, can you guys give us any advice? My suggestion was to buy another start collecting box for the grey hunters and thunder wolves. However I wanted to see what you wolf players had to say on the matter of building a space wolf army.

Offline ANevskyUSA

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for help expanding a Space Wolf army
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 07:25:17 AM »
Getting another Start Collecting box isn't a bad idea. It is really a question of how much Thunderwolf Cavalry he wants. If he is good at modeling, a Wolf Lord, a Wolf Guard Battle Leader and an Iron Priest can all take a Thunderwolf mount so a second box could be useful even if he is satisdin with a single unit of 3 TW cavalry.

The Space Wolf Pack kit is used to assemble Grey Hunters, Blood Claws and Wolf Guard in power armour, and have lotsod useful bits. Since Grey Hunters and Blood Claws are his Troops choices, it is a good idea to have the units available. If more TW cavalry is not needed, GW has a box that consists of a Space Wolf pack + a drop pod for less than the contents separately.

For something a bit different but generally useful, your brother might consider picking up a Wolf Priest, a Rune Priest or the Space Wolf Venerable Dreadnought.