Author Topic: Wraith Army  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Bernoodist

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Wraith Army
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:36:55 AM »
Greetings All,

Im trying to make a Wraith Army but struggling to work within the detachments for 8th edition, here is what i have painted

Wraith Seer
5 Wraithguard + Wave Serpent
5 Wraithguard + Wave Serpent
Wraithknight
Hemlock

And for fun would have the supreme command detachment with Eldrad and 2 Warlocks as fortune and conceal help tough units last longer

Any thoughts on how this can be done and avoiding troupes tax as Guardians/Avengers/Rangers
are just to squishy for my liking

I assembling/paint these in the next few weeks that could help fill out
5 WraithAxes
another Hemlock
another Wraithknight
Spirit Seer

Cheers

Online Odras

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Wraith Army
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 06:24:59 AM »
The way you have it, it can't be a legal detachment.

You could go something along the lines of:

Vanguard Detachment:
Wraithseer - 200 With D-Cannon
5 Wraithguard D-Scythes + Serpent - 368
5 Wraithguard D-Scythes + Serpent - 368
5 Wraithblades Swords + Serpent - 318
Total: 1254

Supreme Command Detachment:
Eldrad
Warlock
Warlock
Total: 259

Superheavy Aux Detachment
1 Wraithknight - 502

That puts you at a total of 2015 points, you could tweak it slightly to bring it below 2015 points. Maybe take a regular farseer rather than Eldrad, or drop the wraithknight and take 2 hemlocks instead. General advice though for running a wraith army would be to start with the Vanguard detachment.

Offline SerOmni

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 02:59:01 AM »
I've been running a really strong competitive wraith list that I've been having great success. And I feel it's decent fluff wise... the army of undead eldar.

2- 6 man flamer wraiths
1-5 man gun wraiths
3-2 man shadow spector squads each with an exarch
Shadowseer
Warlock
Farseer
3 wave serpents with the upgraded that let them advance 2d6 and get a -1 to hit when they advance, spirit stones and 3 shruiken cannons each
The yncarne

This is a very aggressive list where I advance everything in a concentrated killing force into the enemy lines. Generally turn 1 I pop out a warlock and advance him to cast conceal for the spectors giving them a minus 2 to hit. Turn 2 is when I pop out the wraiths and let the soulbursting begin. Most everything can advance and shoot and since a lot of it auto hits it'd really deadly.

Online Odras

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 04:14:16 PM »
2- 6 man flamer wraiths
1-5 man gun wraiths
3-2 man shadow spector squads each with an exarch
Shadowseer
Warlock
Farseer
3 wave serpents with the upgraded that let them advance 2d6 and get a -1 to hit when they advance, spirit stones and 3 shruiken cannons each
The yncarne

Might want to check your points on that, I calculate that being over 2000 slightly. I think it could be because of your wave serpent upgrades, the upgrades to the serpents to let them advance 2D6, and the upgrade to get a -1 to hit when advancing are two different upgrades.

I run a fairly similar list though, I don't have any shadow spectres painted yet so I am not using them at the moment. I am running:
5 Wraithguard - D-Scythes
5 Wraithguard - D-Scythes
5 Wraithguard - Wraithcannons
5 Wraithblades - Ghostswords

4 Wave Serpents - Twin Shuriken Cannon, Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, 1 * Vectored Engines

Yncarne
Farseer - Witchblade
Spiritseer
Warlock - Witchblade

It runs a similar strategy to you move up turn one, rely on the durability of the wave serpents to survive the opponents initial shooting then disembark the death ball and let the soul bursting begin. I ideally would like to include Yvraine, but I am not sure what I would drop and I am restricted by the detachments with numbers of HQs as well. This has been successful so far. I do enjoy laughing at the plasma spammers trying to take down the serpents.

Offline SerOmni

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 12:22:49 AM »
Yeah wraiths are fun and yes that list was over a bit I ment 2 warlocks not a warlock and spirit seer which puts it at 2 k. Yeah the upgrades are all separate and paid for thanks man, cheers!