Author Topic: [1500] Eldar List - Casual - Competitive List  (Read 1224 times)

Offline wannabmoy

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
[1500] Eldar List - Casual - Competitive List
« on: August 10, 2016, 09:43:11 PM »
Howdy errbody,

Just now getting into 7th edition and haven't played since 6th. I have a ton of wave serpents I feel aren't going to be seeing as much table time and quite a few jetbikes from older editions. Wanted to put together a casually competitive list that I can use to stomp my friends (play Tau, SM, Necron, CSM and Orks) as well as get back into my local gaming scene.

1500 points seems to be the nice "get a game in under 2.5 hours" army size so figured I'd start with that. Please feel free to provide any thoughts on how I can enhance or even some tactica around this list. Appreciate all the thoughts!

HQ - 115
- Farseer w/ Sky-runner

Troops - 324
- 3 Riders w/ 3x Scatter Lasers

Elites - 225
- 5 Fire Drags w/ Exarch [Aspect Host]
+ Wave Serpent w/ TL Bright-Lance or Scatter lasers, Shurican Cannon, Spirit Stones

Fast Attack - 315
- 5 Warp Spiders w/Exarch [Aspect Host]
- 5 Warp Spiders w/Exarch

Lords of War - 490
-Wraithknight w/Dual Heavy Wraith Cannons
-Avatar (have a sweet Forgeworld avatar I'm in love with)

=Total 1499

In theory, I have these rough ideas of keeping the avatar in front of the jetbikes but within 12" to keep them on the table. Also keeping the Avatar within 12" of the wraithknight so when the time comes he can benefit from Khaine Awakened. Probably keeping the army back near my lines for a turn or two, slowly moving the avatar and wraithknight up and biding my time until either DSing the spiders or timing the attack to unleash the spiders and the fire dragons. Hopefully, with some nice spells I'll have the knight and/or the Avatar to play clean up near the closing rounds if I'm able to soften up the enemy and time the strike correctly.

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:47:08 PM by wannabmoy »

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
Re: [1500] Eldar List - Casual - Competitive List
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 11:49:28 PM »
Looks pretty solid list especially coming back to the game, done some homework  ;)  ;D (coming from a non eldar player so there will probably be tweaks you could make).

Tactically, be prepared to lose the wave serpent almost every game after it drops in as it'll be the only real target for dedicated anti-armour weapons in the list. As it's mainly just the delivery system for the dragons thats probably not as important. Keeping the shield up for a turn might help but if you're happy with losing it and you're confident that the dragons won't get pinned by an explosion then open fire with the shield.

Also if your running the JetBike jump shoot jump game or wizzing around the avatar simply won't keep up on foot. Back field clean up sounds good but if you're wanting to move your army forwards move the avatar forwards the turn earlier than the jetbikes as they'll move faster.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline wannabmoy

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 06:32:58 AM »
Looks pretty solid list especially coming back to the game, done some homework  ;)  ;D (coming from a non eldar player so there will probably be tweaks you could make).

Tactically, be prepared to lose the wave serpent almost every game after it drops in as it'll be the only real target for dedicated anti-armour weapons in the list. As it's mainly just the delivery system for the dragons thats probably not as important. Keeping the shield up for a turn might help but if you're happy with losing it and you're confident that the dragons won't get pinned by an explosion then open fire with the shield.

Also if your running the JetBike jump shoot jump game or wizzing around the avatar simply won't keep up on foot. Back field clean up sounds good but if you're wanting to move your army forwards move the avatar forwards the turn earlier than the jetbikes as they'll move faster.

Thanks for the feedback!

My goal is really to be patient turns 1-3 and sit back and let volume of fire whittle down some mass with my 36"+ guns. Ideally, keeping the avatar 12" forward from the jetbikes and just letting them sit back and range most my enemies during those early turns. I figure I have the wraithknight to take care of high av targets and can keep the fire dragons and avatar somewhere around mid-field to intercept any other high av land-raiders or tanks that wander too close.

Additionally, I was planning on using a D to pen against necron and then coming in with the warp-spiders to finish off quantum shielded transports and the such.

Would be nice to fit an extra wraithknight in the list (which I was considering dropping the fire dragons and adding that in, instead) but I sort of like the idea of mobile melta for deep striking termies or other small elite units/vehicles, especially at 1500 points.

Or I suppose I could drop the avatar and the non-aspect units of warp spiders for the extra wraithknight instead .... hmmm decisions. Although I would lose my early fearless bubble to keep the jetbikes and their s6 guns on the table.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 06:37:20 AM by wannabmoy »

Offline wannabmoy

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 03:18:34 PM »
So for this list, I took out the non-aspect host warp spiders and added an extra farseer for support. Out of curiosity, what are the best psychic disciplines to be rolling for? I'm thinking of standard Fate and trying for fortune, guide, doom where possible perhaps nabbing prescience as well. Or do I go for invis?

HQ - 230
- 2x Farseer w/ Sky-runner

Troops - 324

Elites - 225
- 5 Fire Drags w/ Exarch [Aspect Host]
+ Wave Serpent w/ TL Bright-Lance or Scatter lasers, Spirit Stones

Fast Attack - 210