Author Topic: 2000pt Fluffy Raptors Chapter List  (Read 2086 times)

Online sindri_tepek

• Initiate
    • View Profile
2000pt Fluffy Raptors Chapter List
« on: June 30, 2017, 01:08:01 PM »
So I've been toying around with a Raptors list that fits their fluff for 8th edition, yet would provide a fighting chance against most other lists. Here is what I have come up with:

Battalion Detachment

HQ
Lias Issodon - for those unaware, he has an Assault 3 30" Bolter at S:5 AP-4, D:1D3 w/ no bonus for cover saves, ability to disengage from c/c and still shoot along w/ a few other nifty tricks
Captain - power sword, storm bolter

Troops
Scout Squad (x2) - 5 scouts + Sergeant, all w/ sniper rifles and camo cloaks
Tactical Squad - 4 marines, 1 marine w/ Heavy Bolter, Sergeant w/ bolt pistol and chainsword

Elites
Venerable Dreadnought (x2) - 2x twin autocannon

Heavy support
Devastator Squad (x2)- 4 w/ Multi-melta, 2 marines extra, armorium cherub, sarge w/ storm bolter

Dedicated Transport

Razorback - Lascannon + twin plasma gun, storm bolter

Air Wing Detachment
Stormtalon Gunship (x3)- twin assault cannon, 2 x lascannons

Now with Issodons new 8th rules, he allows me to setup up to 3 troops plus himself anywhere on the board more than 9" away from an enemy, so long as they are Raptors Chapter INFANTRY models and not Termis, Centurions, or Primaris. This would allow me to basically deepstrike my devastator squads and Lias himself to where they would be most beneficial, and w/ Lias being a chapter master, would allow him to possibly give one (or both) of those squads re-rolls to hit if something must be brought down immediately.

The Dreadnoughts are here to provide long range fire support, and the Stormtalons putting the hurt on light armor targets w/ the lascannons punching vehicles or monstrous creatures.

Scouts would provide some much needed character removal from units such as conscript blobs that rely on Commissar presence, and the Captain would most likely be near one of these units in cover to grant them the ability to re-roll the dreaded '1'. The tactical squad can rove around in the back as needed either in or out of the razorbackor setup where required to maximize its firepower.

All in all, it comes out to exactly 2000 points and 114 Power Level

If you see any glaring issues, let me know.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 06:33:45 AM by sindri_tepek »

Online Celerior

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2000pt Fluffy Raptors Chapter List
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 07:23:14 PM »
I don't think that snipers are going to be as effective as people hope. I run conscript blobs, and if I'm facing snipers, I'll hide my commissars behind LOS-blocking terrain or vehicles. Snipers can target characters, but anyone can target snipers! If I'm running something vulnerable to that, I'm targeting the snipers early.

They ought to fix snipers by saying that models more than 9" from snipers can't shoot at them until the snipers shoot at least once.

Online sindri_tepek

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 11:31:22 AM »
So I went back to the drawing board to try and build a more "all-comers" list. It's similar in some respects to my previous one, but differs in way that I think will benefit the army more since the introduction of the new space marine codex and the Raven Guard Chapter tactics, which Raptors benefit from being a successor chapter.

Battalion Detachment (Raptors Chapter)

HQ
Lias Issodon - (Malice, Raptorclaw) 195 pts
Captain - (Jump pack, plasma pistol, thunder hammer) 121pts

Troops
2x 5man Scout Squads - (4xSniper Rifles;Sergeant w/ boltgun+chainsword) 71pts
1x 5man Scout Squad - (4xboltguns; Sergeant w/ boltgun+chainsword) 55pts

Elites
1x 10man Sternguard Veteran Squad - (10xSpecial Issue Boltgun + power axe on sergeant) 185pts

Heavy Support
1x 6man Devastator Squad - (Cherub; 4x Heavy Bolter; 1 Bolter; Bolter+Chainsword on Sergeant) 123pts
1x 7man Devastator Squad - (Cherub; 3x Multi-melta; 3x Bolters; Bolter+Chainsword on Sergeant) 177pts

Battalion Detachment

HQ
Primaris Lieutenant - (Chainsword [Relic to Teeth of Terra]; Master-crafted boltgun) 63 pts
Techmarine - (Servo-arm; boltgun; chainsword) 57pts

Troops
3x 5man Tactical Marines - (1xLascannon; Sergeant chainsword+Combi-plasma) 105pts

Vanguard Detachment

HQ
Captain - (Jump pack; power sword [1CP spent to turn to Burning Blade] Plasma pistol) 104pts

Elites
1x Chapter Ancient - (Power sword, Standard of the Emperor Ascendant) 67pts
1x Redemptor Dreadnought - (Icarus rocket pod; Redemptor fist; 2x Fragstorm grenade launcher;      Heavy Onslaught gatling cannon; 1x Onslaught gatling cannon) 156pts
1x 10 Man Vanguard Veteran Squad - (Jump Packs; 1 marine w/ dual lightning claws; 8x plasma pistol+chainsword; Sergeant w power axe+plasma pistol)

This will set me at 1999 points and 129 PL as well as give me 10 CP for the game (though 1 will be spent on an extra relic most likely, and possibly another to use the Raven Guard infiltrate stratagem for the dread). Since a great deal of the army will have the option to counter-deploy via Jump assault, Issodon, or the RG Stratagem, I will hopefully be able to set up in the most advantageous spot for each unit and isolate out targets (as any true Raptor marine would agree).

Let me know if you see any glaring omissions or ways I might be able to fine tune my choices.

Offline thrst77

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »
a couple of updates with the new codex is that rifle dreads arent a thing so your venerables can't take 2 autocannons. They also made it so lasplas razorbacks are not a thing either. other than that I feel that if your going to run sternguard to give them a pod and combi weapons. I would also advise some more troops, you are going to need objective takers and a few five man squads in razorbacks could help. hope this helps!
Make em do da burny dance!

Online sindri_tepek

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 09:55:34 PM »
Appreciate the response. I had already noted about the alteration in dreads and such, which is why I altered the list. It is the 3rd entry in this thread; feel free to take a look at that setup and tell me what you think.