Author Topic: Chapter Tactics  (Read 8466 times)

Offline Breng77

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Tactics
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2018, 08:22:56 PM »
That is the common power build I see but I find it lacking in missions that require mobility.  My RW + White scar allied list crushed it in a progressive mission, almost tabling it by turn 4.  Sammiel and the Talonmaster are extremely powerful and abusable with character rules.

Offline Nightwing7x

• Battle Brother
  • A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2018, 11:04:34 PM »
My typical list, which has started to loose now, is 3x10 man tac squads with all the plasma they can get, walking up the table in a line, with Azrael, Ezekiel and a Dark Shroud to back them up. Then my front line is a vanilla landraider with 5 deathwing knights, and a dark talon, then finally my back line is a 10 man dev squad with 4 plasma cannons, a lieutenant and apothecrary. I do try to get the tac squads near my devs early game so that almost all my units can get the bonus' from all my characters and the dark shroud, which works out well as my opponents typically shoot at my landraider first and fail to hit due to the dark shroud, then I bomb them with the talon and advance with the tac squads under the crushing fire of my devs. Plus the tacs have enough plasma to handle themselves as well.

Offline Tobas DA

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2018, 05:10:04 PM »
With the fake leaks (Lion coming, cool stratagems etc.), at first I was very disappointed, almost angry about the new codex. Especially the non existing synergy between Ravenwing and Deathwing.
I made my peace. Dark Angels do OK, they have good stratagems.

I play a mixed wing list, which does better than expected and is fun to play. (1 battalion + 1 outrider detachment) 1000 to 1500 points.

Deathwing
Belial and one 5 man DW shooty unit.

Ravenwing
One 4 man RW Bike unit with all plasma, one RW Landspeeder with 2 Heavy Flamers and a Dark Talon.

Rest Greenwing (depending on points)
Scouts/Tacticals for Troops requirements. Lieutenant for HQ

Second Lieutenant with jump pack and 3 Inceptors with assault bolters

Depending on points, adding some heavy support (Devastators, Whirlwind, Razorback etc.)   

Tactic: Advance with the Bikes (speed of the raven/ weapons of the dark age), deepstrike with Belial, the Lieutenant and the DW Terminators (use deathwing assault if necessary) close to the bikes and the Inceptors behind the HQs. If necessary also fly the Dark Talon close to the HQs for re-rolls)

Shoot the crap out of the enemy (re-roll 1s to hit and to wound, re-roll all to hit with DW). Try the 9" charge (master of maneuvre)

The rest of the Greenwing camps back in cover on objectives and re-rolls 1s for grim resolve.

Made 1st place in a 1000 points tournament, and a clear victory today.

At the moment I am happy with Dark Angels, and the Terminators did well in the last 3-4 games. The real firepower comes from the Inceptors and the RW Bikes (and Dark Talon) but the Terminators strongly distract the enemy, because they re-roll all failed to hit rolls (and appear more dangerous) and are a threat in CC .