Author Topic: List Advice  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Odras

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
List Advice
« on: January 04, 2018, 11:19:44 PM »
Hi all,

I am looking for some feedback on the following list:

Battalion - Alaitoc
Farseer
Spiritseer

Rangers x 5
Rangers x 5
Dire Avengers x 5

Dark Reapers x 10 - Exarch AML

Hemlock

Battalion - Alaitoc
Farseer
Spiritseer

Rangers x 5
Rangers x 5
Dire Avengers x 5

6 Swooping Hawks - exarch with Hawk's Talon

Dark Reapers x 3 - Exarch Tempast Launcher
Dark Reapers x 3 - Exarch Tempast Launcher

Hemlock

Outrider - Saim-Hann??
Autach Skyrunner w/ Reaper Launcher, Laser Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapults

3 Shining Spears - exarch w/ star lance
3 Shining Spears - exarch w/ star lance
6 Swooping Hawks - exarch with Hawk's Talon

This army is aimed at playing the ITC champions missions.

A few thoughts I had:

Outrider detachment Saim-Hann vs Alaitoc. As Saim-Hann the Autach can take the Novalance, he can move and shoot his reaper launcher without -1 to hit and he and the shining spears can all re-roll the charges. The disadvantage is no -1 to hit them all, and the Autach can not provide re-rolls to the rest of the army.

Should I take the Autach at all? If I downgrade him to a spiritseer I can take a 3rd squad of 3 dark reapers with tempest launcher but I lose, the possibility of regaining a couple of command points as well as the clean up / assault deterrence.

Is the second Farseer worth it? The first one is there to babysit the large group of reapers for forewarning as well as guide and doom. The second one I intended to run as a more aggressive. Give him either the Falchou's wing or the Alaitoc deepstrike relic along with Executioner and Mind war or doom depending on what needs to die. He could be a great character assassin or dish out a large number of mortal wounds on some key targets. Is this worth the 100 points though, and the potential for giving away a fairly easy secondary objective point. If I dropping the characters to Farseer + 4 Spirit-seers I would have extra points to be able to take a 3rd squad of dark reapers as well as some extra hawks.

Offline Chmmr_X

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: List Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 09:53:45 PM »
I find that running the spears as Saim Hann is better than Alaitoc. If you intend to be aggressive with them, Alaitoc may not be very useful because you intend to charge in with your Shining Spears, making your -1 to hit rather redundant. The most it will help is probably in the turn 1 alpha strike department.

As for Swooping Hawks, I am not a big fan of it for the simple reason that I the majority of armies out there are T4 and you will require a 5+ to wound them. Assault 4 is quite something though but I guess this comes down to a matter of preference. I'd personally prefer more shining spears or a bigger squad of them. Having too small will limit their effectiveness.

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Guardian of the Black Library of Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: List Advice
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 07:52:46 AM »
I cannot tell you anything about the hawks because I don't own any and I don't use them.

My advice (as you can imagine) is to keep your shining spears as saim hann and give the autarch the novalance. As I can see you play him with the index rules so give him the banshee mask to ignore overwatch and give him a fusion gun and the MARK OF THE INCOMPARABLE HUNTER trait. With the novalance and the fusion gun he is going to be the ultimate character assassin.
I mastered the chaos in mind and soul.
I will kill you and with a beautiful laugh I will dance until I go mad.