Author Topic: Home made terrain with some units.  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Dihunter2

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Home made terrain with some units.
« on: October 09, 2015, 02:23:47 AM »
Here is some of the terrain i have painted up and / created by hand. Added in some units for visual effects. Let me know what you think.

Offline Dihunter2

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Home made terrain with some units.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 02:26:27 AM »
A few more pictures of the units

Offline PvtShields

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 08:08:14 AM »
I dig what you got here. Are the structures made of plastic card? I like how your boss has the darker skin then the boys. This is very cool and i think id like to do something similar for my chaos. I see what you mean now, having some terrain for just them can add a lot of flavor.

How much terrain did you make for each army, like a whole tables worth or just a couple pieces?

Offline Dihunter2

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 11:18:58 AM »
Hey it seems i never went through with any kind of explanation... sorry about that... So all of my death wing have that special base with the rocks.. i am intending them to match up most with my city scape. (the black ruin set i am working on) The ruins are made from that foam poster board. I used a hot glue gun and based them on to thin canvas. I did a base layer to turn the base more of a grey... now i need to darken it and add some more stones.

The only truly finished set i have are the swamp Orks (commandos) and the swamp. as you can see they are all covered in the same vines and dirt color as the terrain itself.

The second set of Orks, the Ard boys with the warboss is in the normal GW terrain piece... If you look at their base, it if covered with a brown leaves.... It is some  plant matter that went through a vaporizer. I don't have the matching pieces to them. When i moved across the country, i left them behind... Did not want to take the chance of something stupid happening...

Then i did one with just my barb wire... nice additions to my fortifications, (almost done with them)

So once completed, i like to have an entire board for each army i play. I have a complete set of my Vaporized Ork terrain, just don't have it now. I want to make a fully operational city with build in landing pads on roof tops.  The Orks i have now will get a finished swamp and forest area.... I have many more pieces in progress, i jut brought the finished ones last night.