Author Topic: Our new Gaming Table  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Accersitus

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Our new Gaming Table
« on: January 02, 2016, 09:45:25 PM »
We spent some time and money to upgrade our gaming experience .

This amazing paint job was done by one guy in two 4 hour sessions.
This guy is a genius when it comes to fast simple paint jobs that looks amazing.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Our new Gaming Table
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:00:12 PM »
Wow, are those realm of battle tiles? Looks good with those GW terrain pieces.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »
They're very pretty, but let me offer a piece of advice.  Add in some sort of smaller table or area dedicated for rolling dice.  These tables are CRAP when it comes to rolling 20+ dice.  They will cock dice more than anything else and it is a pain to have to work with.  Having a good 2'x2' felt lined box or similar mobile dice rolling container will make it much easier when a Tyranid, Ork or other heavy dice rolling army needs to play.  It sucks when a board this good ends up being hated because of something small like that, but that is the reason my FLGS uses the FAT mats almost exclusively now...

Offline Accersitus

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 05:00:31 AM »
Wow, are those realm of battle tiles? Looks good with those GW terrain pieces.

Yep, Realm of battle sector imperialis tiles drybrushed multiple layers with a 2.5 inch (6.5 cm) brush.

They're very pretty, but let me offer a piece of advice.  Add in some sort of smaller table or area dedicated for rolling dice.  These tables are CRAP when it comes to rolling 20+ dice.  They will cock dice more than anything else and it is a pain to have to work with.  Having a good 2'x2' felt lined box or similar mobile dice rolling container will make it much easier when a Tyranid, Ork or other heavy dice rolling army needs to play.  It sucks when a board this good ends up being hated because of something small like that, but that is the reason my FLGS uses the FAT mats almost exclusively now...

Thanks for the advice. We already have trays for moving armies / rolling dice. Both the nids and the orks need it :D

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 03:58:29 PM »
Are your ruins fixed to the realm of battle plates?
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Accersitus

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 01:13:02 PM »
Are your ruins fixed to the realm of battle plates?

Nope, all the terrain pieces can be moved.