Author Topic: Starting Terrain Ideas? Materials?  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Starting Terrain Ideas? Materials?
« on: January 24, 2017, 01:43:44 PM »
I have a box near my gaming table, well under it, that everytime I find a cool bottle, plastic cap, or could-be-an-interesting terrain piece I toss it in the box. When the box is full I pull it out and see what I can build. Some of it gets tossed, most of it gets build into a themed set.

From a collection standpoint, where do find cool terrain bitz? Stuff that is every day but can be transformed into some cool table top stuff. Printer parts? Filters? Cans and bottles?

What should I be on the lookout for?
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Terrain Ideas? Materials?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 01:58:56 PM »
The foam or egg carton material used as spacers in electronics boxes.  TVs, printers, really anything that comes in a box and shouldn't be broken and doesn't have a cutout specific for it.  Not a lot of it is easy to make look good, but just slapping it on the table after some color looks good enough to play on when I'm not at a shop with terrain.

Offline Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Terrain Ideas? Materials?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 04:47:12 AM »
Carton Tubes, big ones like the ones Pringles-chips come in and especially smaller ones that come with aluminium or plastic foils.
Broken electronics like PC power supply units contain infinite supplies of bits and cables.
Q-tips have nice small plastic tubes if you cut off the tips.
Camping-cooker gas-canisters.
=Blood Angels=