Author Topic: Thoughts on 8th Edition  (Read 820 times)

Offline MiniTV

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Thoughts on 8th Edition
« on: October 02, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »
Im just curious what everyone thinks of 8th edition. It's been here awhile and people have had several several battles and stuff. Let's hear your thoughts and opinions people!
The Great Devourer for the win

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on 8th Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 11:06:13 AM »
I think it is a much better casual game, where somewhat non-conventional lists won't have a completely awful time even in pick up games. It is also very easy for newer players to pick up, in a day our even a few hours you can teach someone that is an old vet returning to the hobby or a youngish kid around like 10 and up.

I have some very minor gripes with 8th edition, mostly about how model placement is slightly less important with the lack of template weapons. And how terrain doesn't really effect the game in to many ways besides blocking Line of Sight. Or how my armies hand flamers are worse than other armies for sort of no reason, but as a whole I think it is fine.

Didn't really play to much competitive anyway since now one at my store really cared for it in 7th so don't have the most experience on that front so maybe those players are having a bit of a different time with the game than me.