Author Topic: Chapter approved  (Read 1698 times)

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Chapter approved
« on: November 27, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »
Seems a lot of our stuff is becoming cheaper in points across  some of our more over priced and not nearly as effective weapons and units. But staples like Celestine and the Repressor got a bit of a point increase, altought it seems like if you take both Gemenae it evens out to be about the same to what it use to cost.

Unit           pt      pt     -/+ Weapon               pt     pt     -/+
Exorcists   135   160   -25   Eviscerator   12   22   -10
Celestine   200   150   50   Hand Flamer   3   6   -3
-Gemenae   25   50   -25   Inferno Pistol   9   12   -3
Repressor   91   71   20   Storm Bolter   2   4   -2

Strategem: 1CP Martydom-use when a character dies and on a 2+ can perform an Act of Faith
Strategems: 1CP Purity of Faith- use when an enemy uses psychic powers within 24″ on a 4+ negate it.
Warlord Trait: Re-roll failed morale tests if within 6″ of Warlord
Relic: Blade to replace power sword. Melee S +2 AP-3 D3

Source:http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/11/20/chapter-approved-leak-compilation/

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter approved
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 11:01:26 AM »
I wonder how much this will effect the usage of Exorcists, becoming 25 points cheaper with Chapter Approved does make them a more viable option against Retributer squads.

Before the change drops for only about 40 points less than an Exorcist you could get a 5 man Retributer squad with 4 heavy bolters and an Imgafier to stand near them for a mostly guaranteed 24 shots a turn. Now those 24 shots are only s5 ap -1 with bs+3 it allows you to deal a rather large amount of wounds against t4-3 units and even actually do a surprising amount of damage to t7-8 vehicles. Without the ability to Act of Faith Exorcists was FAQ'd out their d6 shots  with d3 damage s8 ap-4 at a bs +3 just doesn't hold up as well. Even with the greater Strength,damage and ap over Heavy Bolters the duel role ability gives the Retributers a much better edge over the exorcist.

If we use both case scenario for both of these weapons the Heavy Bolter could potentially do 24 wounds while the Exorcists can only get 18 wounds. And those 18 wounds can only kill 6 models were the Heavy Bolters could severally damage a huge guard blob...

Now that exorcists are 135 points instead of 160 they might be more of an actual heavy support choice rather than a huge worthless point sink/liability to your lists. But the fact that exorcists are still 10 points more expensive than a Retributer squad kited out like above with a imgaifer still worries me.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 12:40:10 AM »
I guess repressors got a bit of a nerf but it doesn't really matter if you don't own them already as currently the few ways to get them are to kitbash/3d print. None of them options for me so i have nothing of value to offer about the tactics of those transports.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 02:46:16 AM »
inferno pistols are now even more worth it if you are taking seraphim, if only handflamers got the points decrease they might have been a better option. But seeing as they both got a decrease it still doesn't hold any great advantage over the inferno pistos besides the 2d3 auto hits but at s3 it doesn't give you a lot of value.

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 02:05:45 AM »
Yep yep.

My thoughts are now that you need range and balance. 

I would use a 3 x retributers and at least 3 exorcists now every game.

One deals with the horde... 1 deals with the armor.

I also think the new strategem that when a character dies is a little silly.  Sure... it's great just like the ynaari strategy, but a character had to die.

Bye 6 cannonesses and put them in harm's way just to trigger 'soul burst ' act of faith?

I also want to read the aof rule more carefully.  Can you use an act of faith if a unit had already used one?

Can you use it when Celeste dies?  Is a Gemini a character to trigger it?

It could have potential if used right but the stars have to align and a character had to die!

Buy a couple of battalions with celestine... 5 cannonesses with melts guns and charge up the middle of the table? Each time 1 dies a retributer squad behind gets a free shot?

Yet to really think how I  would use this...

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 11:57:30 AM »
I think the character dying and getting an AoF is only for the dead character. So you kill cannoness, but I can be like no she is back with 1d3 wounds or she can get a free turn of shooting or cc before being dead.

I don't see any reason to not use them to just keep Celestine alive forever as she is already a pretty big power house of a monster that was hard to kill.

I am pretty sure it isn't rule a 2+ and you can choose any Infantry unit with AoF to use an AoF when a character dies, which would be cool but a bit much.