Author Topic: Two Flyrants and a Harpy?  (Read 1355 times)

Offline IDICBeer

• Supporter
  • Supporter
  • Chapter Master
  • The Wonders of Warhammer 40k
    • View Profile
    • IDICBeer 40k
Two Flyrants and a Harpy?
« on: June 24, 2013, 05:26:08 AM »
So now that I have finally got my second Flyrant conversion finished and am having great fun and success with a dual Flyrant list. It is making me think if it's now worth looking at adding a Harpy to the list (just for fun). I have never used the Harpy before, so looking for some feedback on this!

Cheers

Nick

Offline mattblowers

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Gaming Blog
Re: Two Flyrants and a Harpy?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 09:51:16 AM »
My problem with the Harpy is two fold: 1-there is no model for it, 2-I don't know that he does anything that we don't have access to somewhere else for cheaper points. 

As to the two flyrants, my issue with them is survivability.  I know I'm going to loose my warlord points if I take two.  Maybe it's just me as well, but in my meta so many people have access to high volume shooting that I find my flyrants grounded all the time.  Firewarriors, Guardians, and 'cron Warriors are grounded me all the time.  The grounding on hit is devastating.  You can jink save sometimes, but then you're snapshooting your next phase which kinda defeats their purpose.  I know they are popular, but at least in my meta, people have figured out how to handle them easily.  I usually take 1 flyrant and them a Tyranid Prime or second Tyrant with some guards.  How are you getting the dual flyrants to stay in the air?
Famous last words: "All I have to do is not roll ones...."

Check out my painting blog at http://lilliputianwars.blogspot.com/

Offline IDICBeer

• Supporter
  • Supporter
  • Chapter Master
  • The Wonders of Warhammer 40k
    • View Profile
    • IDICBeer 40k
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:09:02 AM »
How are you getting the dual flyrants to stay in the air?

Interesting question! and an easy answer...I tend to land them and assault!!

Ha ha, no, I have one Dakka and one Assault, the Dakka one is my Warlord and stays in the air with the the assault one landing and causing havoc. I also have a lot of other stuff coming in with them, which tend to distract a lot as well. usually two Mawlocs, doomy and a large group of devilgants coming in on turn two. I think that helps.

Offline TeethandTalons40k

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 02:22:40 PM »
Hey! I played a tournament this weekend with duel tyrants (shooty and choppy) and the devourer one was amazing, worth every point and when iron arm is added to the equation things get silly. Getting grounded was my only worry but even that didn't happen much. 

Offline mattblowers

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Gaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
How are you getting the dual flyrants to stay in the air?

Interesting question! and an easy answer...I tend to land them and assault!!

Ha ha, no, I have one Dakka and one Assault, the Dakka one is my Warlord and stays in the air with the the assault one landing and causing havoc. I also have a lot of other stuff coming in with them, which tend to distract a lot as well. usually two Mawlocs, doomy and a large group of devilgants coming in on turn two. I think that helps.

Mawlocs and a large blob of devagaunts tend to make people forget about other stuff.  It's like boxing, punch someone in the face a few times and their game plan goes out the window.
Famous last words: "All I have to do is not roll ones...."

Check out my painting blog at http://lilliputianwars.blogspot.com/