Author Topic: 500 Point Misions WIP  (Read 306 times)

Online Fritz40K

500 Point Misions WIP
« on: January 23, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »
So I'm working to put together a misison packet of 6-12 40K missions you can play at 500 points.

The idea behind it pulls on 3 areas of play.

Everybody can play: @ 500 points, esentially 2 troops, and HQ, and one other unit from your codex new players can quickly get into the game with a small or starting model collection, and vet players with big collections can just pull something together quickly.

Playing time- missions @ 500 point should play at 30 minutes or less, allowing 3-4 games an evening or session over one giant 2K game lots of guys tend to play- nothing wrong with that tho.

Scalability- 500 points per player means adding on more players to each side or playing with multiple teams or players on each side is easy- just add on players at 500 points per player and you can still have one and two.

Mission.

Here is the first few I've complied, and I'm looking for ideas either on the missions themselves or ideas for  more missions- I want to say away from fighting over objectives so every model- meaning the extra unit and your HQ actually have a use. Since we are dealing with such a small model count everything should be engaged.
http://www.berserkersofskallathrax.com/ | The Berserkers of Skallathrax

Online DCannon4Life

Re: 500 Point Misions WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 02:54:37 PM »
I like the mission very much. Are Night Fighting and Reserves rules in effect as well?
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi
Check out my battle reports: www.youtube.com/user/dcannon4life/videos

Online Fritz40K

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 08:24:39 AM »
Don't know yet, same with many of the other mission special rules. Still tweaking them.
http://www.berserkersofskallathrax.com/ | The Berserkers of Skallathrax

Offline Akhorahil

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 01:10:37 AM »
Typical missions for small scall fights is Recon and Surveilance, assign a piece of Terrain to be the Spoter Place and get there, and hold it, one player is the "Attacker" and the Opponent plays the defending Force on Patrol duty.
"Storytellers and writers are all gods and goddesses, to a one. Musicians are their host, painters their scribes, and actors their saints-- but all arts start with a story to tell..."
-Unknown

Offline bkbb214

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »
Sounds really good. And will be alot of fun.