Author Topic: Escalation league: Now or later  (Read 887 times)

Offline mattblowers

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Gaming Blog
Escalation league: Now or later
« on: July 02, 2013, 11:43:02 AM »
I'm in a conundrum.  I start an escalation league in 2 weeks.  The first week is 500 points.  The problem is that I hate to take a Flyrant at those points as it would be almost half my list.  If I take a small Termagaunt list and a Tervigon I'm out of points.  I actually like the Tyranid Prime at low point games, but I don't want to be locked into that as my warlord choice (the only thing we can't change throughout) when we get to higher points.  When we max out at 1850 points I don't want to not be able to take two Tyrants.  What would the forum reccomend?  Take the optimal list now or play for higher point games?  I'm inclined to play for now as 'nids are at a bit of dissatvantage competitively and it might be fun to explore some more unusual options later in the league.  I mean, I am playing 'nids after all, so this is more for fun than it is trying to win it all.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:44:34 AM by mattblowers »
Famous last words: "All I have to do is not roll ones...."

Check out my painting blog at http://lilliputianwars.blogspot.com/

Offline BeeCee

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Escalation league: Now or later
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 12:09:34 PM »
i'm inclined to tell you to go with the flyrant. maybe give him the brainleech worms and some cc goodness instead of 2 brainleech.  the only problem with half your army being 1 unit is when that unit dies.

I find the tervigon list at really low points is pretty boring, I just had a hard time getting pumped for my 1 tervigon to slowly march up the board giving birth to crap that gets rapid fired to death.

but i am also the Tyranid player that loves Trygons, Raveners, and such.
Check out my thoughts and below average painting as a member of the FTGT team.

http://ftgtgaming.blogspot.com/